Familiars needed for quests

#1tigerhawkzeroPosted 2/1/2013 9:48:11 AM
Does anyone else find it super annoying and lame that when an errand requires a specific familiar to complete it the game doesn't the evolved form, unless i'm missing something that is some bull crap.
---
DS=checkers
PSP=chess
#2k20adamPosted 2/1/2013 9:51:20 AM
I think clarification is in order. Do you mean that you are upset at the fact that a quest won't count the mighty mite as a mite, since it has evolved to another creature?

Or are you saying that it is asking you for the 2nd evolution of a creature, and it will not accept once that you have evolved yourself, but only a random battle capture?

If the first, no. I am not surprised that it won't take a creature that it didn't ask for.

If it is the second explanation, I would not understand that. It should take the creature it asks for, regardless of how it was obtained.
---
PSN and XBL: DonPantalones
#3tigerhawkzero(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2013 9:53:07 AM
well for example in a quest you need a Sunshine to complete but i evolved the creature and wouldn't take that form, that kind of thing.
---
DS=checkers
PSP=chess
#4k20adamPosted 2/1/2013 10:12:15 AM
Gotcha. To me, it is asking for that specific creature, not any part of it's evolution. To the game, it acts as a different creature altogether, so I can understand why it does that. I don't know. While I could sympathize with the feeling of just evolving something, just to have to catch i for a quest would be a burn. I personally wouldn't expect the game to just accept the evolved one though, as it asked for that specific creature.
---
#5tr0tsky_basicPosted 2/1/2013 10:29:25 AM
For the Derwin quests, I don't find it annoying that I have to have the specific evolution he asks for. For example, in Yule, he asks for a creature that piles Snow on its head. Sasquitch doesn't have snow, but Sasquatch does.

For the quest TC is talking about, I find it dumb that it doesn't accept the evolved Sunshine. You just need to find "a familiar that looks like the Sun".
---
GT: trotsky0
#6k20adamPosted 2/1/2013 10:39:50 AM
I understand what you mean. I suppose that it just assumed that you would only have just caught the first evolution outside of town, and turn it in. It was fairly early also, so it probably didn't think you would have the 2nd evolution by then.

I get it now though. The description is deceptive.
---