Was going to buy this but...

#1natarlePosted 2/1/2013 1:57:39 PM
the walmart dude said this game isnt really aimed at adults, but more of a wizard of oz meets a young adult novel. so if i drop 70 bucks on this, is it a little different than all the other jrpgs, and will i be kicking myself for buying a kid themed game? again the only reason i state this is due to walmart guy saying its for more of a kid or preteen crowd.

i did end up getting something else , 20 dollar psn card , but will go get this, there isnt many copys left .

thanks guys, if it helps at all im 27 years old and have been playing games since atari and colecovision
---
I DRINK YOUR MILKSHAKE
GT- ShinnZeta PSN-BIGBOSSGUNDAM fc 0347 6354 5762
#2xdividebyzeroxPosted 2/1/2013 1:58:47 PM
Go back and tell him you are buying it for your son/daughter/cousin/nephew twice removed.
---
Currently playing: Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch
#3naarosPosted 2/1/2013 1:59:16 PM
I'm 29 and love the game, so... yeah. lolwalmartemployee
#4LeanaunfurledPosted 2/1/2013 1:59:29 PM
If you want the game then buy the game.
---
http://i.imgur.com/INrw2.gif
http://i.imgur.com/4RgpO.gif
#5stekim40Posted 2/1/2013 2:00:00 PM
Sure, a shop assistant told you not to spend money in their shop, thus trying to put themselves out of business.

I believe your pants are ablaze.
---
Playing: Ni no kuni, Far Cry 3, Skyrim , F1 2012
Waiting for: ELITE:Dangerous, GTA V, Pikmin 3, Dragon Age 3
#6King of KillersPosted 2/1/2013 2:00:17 PM
what, i'm the same age as you and i flippin love this game.

in fact, i have FOUR other friends i know of who are playing this game concurrently and are all loving it.

we're all in our 20s.
---
Omnia Mutantur, Nihil Interit
Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost
#7natarle(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2013 2:00:29 PM
its kinda like i go there all the time i know the guy better than most regular shoppers, hes actually nice, just dont wanna be like oh god were you ever right
---
I DRINK YOUR MILKSHAKE
#8AP3BrainPosted 2/1/2013 2:01:54 PM
"walmart guy" is very reputable and everyone should follow his opinions.....

No but really... why can't you just look up a review or two or maybe a preview? This game is suitable for any age. I am not sure why people wonder about this.... It isn't like Barbie Adventures or something like that.

Heck, I bet a VERY small percentage of young gamers (lets say 13<) bought this game or even gave it a second look.
#9natarle(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2013 2:01:56 PM
thanks guys i would have to say its no worse than me spending money on ac 3 or armored core V and being completely disappointed . i think im gonna go back out there and grab it. thanks !
---
I DRINK YOUR MILKSHAKE
#10PhadinPosted 2/1/2013 2:03:07 PM
Annnnd mr. walmart plays what... the latest and greatest CoD or Madden release? That is exactly the same as the last 4.....

Unless you know the guy and his own playing habits, I'd take anything he says against a game with a grain of salt. It's obvious this is simply not HIS type of game, that doesn't mean you'd dislike it.

More to the point... if I were his manager, Id' ask what he's doing talking a customer out of a sale. Isn't it his job to SELL the game, not prevent sales of the game?