Late game Familiar advice needed *Potential Spoilers*

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch
  3. Late game Familiar advice needed *Potential Spoilers*

User Info: Opunaesala

Opunaesala
3 years ago#1
I just beat Shadar and entered into the Manna/Zombie apocalypse phase of the game.

Currently I am using the following familiars.

Oliver- Catastroceros, Puss in Boats, Blessy Plessie (though neither Boats or Plessie see much action)

Esther- Griffurnace and Fluorongo (Her third space gets used for leveling random familiars most of the time, Griffy is a beast)

Swaine- Clinketclank DX, Tin-Man, and a Sweetpea sprite. (I just put the Tin-Man in to start leveling to see if he was any good.

Can I get some advice about what familiars I should start grabbing and training to use for the rest of the game and into the post game? I usually like to use familiars that the characters are good with. Characters are around level 70 right now.

Thanks in advance for any help!

User Info: liquiddeath21

liquiddeath21
3 years ago#2
Dinoceros is all you need.
PSN: iyaoyas21
....NISA, SideQuestStudios, Xseed, Atlus...

User Info: Opunaesala

Opunaesala
3 years ago#3
I agree he is amazing, but I'd like to have mostly A listers.

User Info: liquiddeath21

liquiddeath21
3 years ago#4
I just used dinoceros on oliver, and esther and swains starting familiars. For the rest of the spots I just cycled different familiars through to build up the creature compendium. Never really had trouble with any of the post-game bosses. tokokocold or whatever its called overlevelled me pretty bad, like 20k a battle.
PSN: iyaoyas21
....NISA, SideQuestStudios, Xseed, Atlus...

User Info: Solaxer

Solaxer
3 years ago#5
Your team sucks! Get grimray for Esther, aye aye catcher for swaine. Also a bone baron for him too. Sea naid is a good healer for Esther.

User Info: DaRq_MiNoS

DaRq_MiNoS
3 years ago#6
I got a 2nd dino for Swaine.

Line up was like this:
Oliver - dino, mitey
Esther - grongo (for healing), babana buncher
Swaine - dino, turbandit

Really the rest of it doesn't matter. If you've got 2 dinos you are going to open a can of whoopass.
  1. Boards
  2. Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch
  3. Late game Familiar advice needed *Potential Spoilers*

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived