Why does everyone seem to have trouble with Esther?

#1XV-DragonPosted 2/1/2013 10:22:52 PM
Not sure if its because I grind levels too much or the fact my first playthrough is on Easy, but never had trouble keeper her alive, even before I got Griffy (then she just became a master of battle with him on her side)
#2Thanatos2kPosted 2/1/2013 10:23:46 PM
Her starting familiar has bad defense. She herself has bad defense. The AI does nothing to avoid attacks.

It's not hard to see why she dies so much unless you're overleveled.
---
-Thanatos2k-
#3DiscagePosted 2/1/2013 10:25:29 PM
I'm on Normal. She's set to heal. She dies occasionally but only during boss fights and sometimes but rarely during bounty hunt fights. Most of the time she fully heals herself before she comes close to dying.

It's just about having her set up with the right familiar and spells. I think the majority of people complaining about her are trying to use her as DPS which I haven't tried.
---
XBL: This Is A Trick / PSN: Komentra
Steam: Komentra / Game Center (iOS): Komentra
#4LeanaunfurledPosted 2/1/2013 10:26:07 PM
She sucks at defending (as does Swaine) and her mana pool is low while her spell costs to keep the party healed get high. Once she gets more MP, and secondary healing is also done with Oliver and Swaine, and All Out Defend/Attack is gained, she's great.
---
Not removing this sig until Bravely Default:Flying Fairy is localized.
http://i.imgur.com/atFfl36.png
#5XV-Dragon(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2013 10:28:07 PM
Thanatos2k posted...
Her starting familiar has bad defense. She herself has bad defense. The AI does nothing to avoid attacks.

It's not hard to see why she dies so much unless you're overleveled.

Guess my grinding help avoid this, since the only who has died so far on my team is Swaine. Still getting him and his familairs up to snuff