in your opinion, what are the best familiars (no dinoceros) and why?

#41IMRavnosPosted 2/2/2013 8:32:53 PM
ALL_D4Y_YES_SIR posted...
BONE(R) BARON: Second best attack attack power in the game (to Dinoceros) he can equip a shield and a fang (theres a fang that can boost him to 4*) Bone(r) Baron is on par with Dino for damage when equipped with the right gear... Dino slightly edges him out...

Bone(r) Baron also looks the coolest IMO...

Bone Baron will completely out damage a Dino. Attack speed trumps Attack power.

Why worry about hitting for 400 when you can hit for 200 4 times?

I prefer Puss in Boats to Bone baron however because having 5 Attack speed is just sick.

However I do have a Bone Baron and he is a VERY close second to PiB. However he is slow compared to PiB, so he's my backup for when PiB is tired.
#42ALL_D4Y_YES_SIRPosted 2/2/2013 8:40:34 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#43dbisonPosted 2/2/2013 8:47:19 PM
uh, I thought all familiars had a set sign.. Shows how much I know, lol.
---
sig? what?
PSN: DBison
#44ALL_D4Y_YES_SIRPosted 2/2/2013 8:47:33 PM
IMRavnos posted...
ALL_D4Y_YES_SIR posted...
BONE(R) BARON: Second best attack attack power in the game (to Dinoceros) he can equip a shield and a fang (theres a fang that can boost him to 4*) Bone(r) Baron is on par with Dino for damage when equipped with the right gear... Dino slightly edges him out...

Bone(r) Baron also looks the coolest IMO...

I prefer Puss in Boats to Bone baron however because having 5 Attack speed is just sick.

However I do have a Bone Baron and he is a VERY close second to PiB. However he is slow compared to PiB, so he's my backup for when PiB is tired.

Boner Baron is a VERY close second indeed... The edge still goes to Dino - he honestly cant be beat due to his ridiculous atk power while equipping the strongest weapons in the game (axes and hammers), and his high atk power compliments his overpowered tricks altogether... Haymaker hits hard and scales off how high his atk power is... Dino is truly retardedly good, Boner Baron yes a close second!!!
#45SilentHawk29Posted 2/2/2013 9:16:03 PM(edited)
Did i mention i beat the game retard?!?! in a day in and a half with bottom tier characters may i add... (I did NOT have Dino in my party when i beat the game!!!) I got strat guide a few days later (I wanted to know best equipment setups) and now i have a clear picture of who is top tier and who is not!!! Problem is after i beat the game, i had to recycle through a entirely new team of familiars!!! Now that ive beat the game and maxed out about 30 familiars and i can tell you Mite is straight up trash in the end!!! /ENDtopic.. He is a waste of time and he's the WORST familiar in the game... Your more dumb to use Inphant... ONE MORE THING, MITE IS NOT THE ONLY FAMILIAR WHO CAN USE ELEMENTAL WEAPONS... ELEMENTAL IS IN THE WEAPON, NOT THE FAMILIAR RETARD!!!

Jesus Christ, take your meds.

Anyway, you completely missed my point. Not only that, I wasn't specifically talking to you. My point was that late bloomers aren't really that great for the main game. The mite trumps the Bone Baron in both attack speed and move speed and the Baron's strength is even less than the Mite's until you start grinding away at end-game. It's ridiculously easy to level up post-game, so there is absolutely no reason to keep late bloomers in the party until then. As for your comment on the Inphant, the Triumphant is in the top ten for max total of stats.
---
PSN - Srikar || WKC2 - Jinto
My car: http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/8583/86coupe.jpg
#46archizzyPosted 2/2/2013 9:14:46 PM
Man calm down. For someone throwing around insults about intelligence your grammar is terrible. I got a headache reading that childish tantrum.
---
PSN ID: sled_dogs76
60" Pioneer Kuro Elite PRO151FD, Yamaha RX-V3900 A/V Receiver, Oppo DV983-H player. Coming soon: 2 Seaton Submersives from Mark Seaton
#47SilentHawk29Posted 2/2/2013 9:18:30 PM

The thing is, that's only on the basic attack. Skills are based on total strength, so although the Baron could get more normal attacks in, the Ceros has higher skill damage.
---
#48ALL_D4Y_YES_SIRPosted 2/2/2013 9:45:22 PM
SilentHawk29 posted...
Did i mention i beat the game retard?!?! in a day in and a half with bottom tier characters may i add... (I did NOT have Dino in my party when i beat the game!!!) I got strat guide a few days later (I wanted to know best equipment setups) and now i have a clear picture of who is top tier and who is not!!! Problem is after i beat the game, i had to recycle through a entirely new team of familiars!!! Now that ive beat the game and maxed out about 30 familiars and i can tell you Mite is straight up trash in the end!!! /ENDtopic.. He is a waste of time and he's the WORST familiar in the game... Your more dumb to use Inphant... ONE MORE THING, MITE IS NOT THE ONLY FAMILIAR WHO CAN USE ELEMENTAL WEAPONS... ELEMENTAL IS IN THE WEAPON, NOT THE FAMILIAR RETARD!!!

Jesus Christ, take your meds.

Anyway, you completely missed my point. Not only that, I wasn't specifically talking to you. My point was that late bloomers aren't really that great for the main game. The mite trumps the Bone Baron in both attack speed and move speed and the Baron's strength is even less than the Mite's until you start grinding away at end-game. It's ridiculously easy to level up post-game, so there is absolutely no reason to keep late bloomers in the party until then. As for your comment on the Inphant, the Triumphant is in the top ten for max total of stats.

Ive been talking about top-tier (maxed out) familiars... Like i said, why bother wasting time grinding, playing the game (or whattever) using those weak familiars during main game, when in the end of the levelling pool, they suck (and you wasted your time for a crappy lvl99 familiar...)!!! Theres no reason you should be using Triumphant period... He got stat boosts but cant carry a weapon?! Mandragorer cant carry a weapon and has identical stats (apart from acc and mag def) but he has full heal spell and upsy daisy... Im not even going to talk about how Dino can take his place tanking and doing damage...

IN MY OPINION, a godly team of 3 should conisist of:

-1 High atk dmg character who are usually penalyzed with slow movement (These characters are good for bosses... familiars like Dino, Boar, Draggles, Boner Baron)

-1 character with good movement speed and moderate attack and damage (for speedy enemies who will run towards your healer and attack them... Healers always pull aggro...)

-1 healer (ANY healer, but preferably one with Upsy Daisy... I dont need to explain why healing is good... Upsy Daisy is essential if your trying to beat the game THE FASTEST WAY: you can be a lower level opponent and win battles at the cost of health and being revived over and over again....

Tell me when a tank is needed in this game at all?! Its so damn easy!!! I truly dont see where Triumphant sits (as I havnt used him...) Does he even have a heal spell?!
#49SilentHawk29Posted 2/2/2013 9:57:06 PM
why bother wasting time grinding, playing the game (or whattever) using those weak familiars during main game

Because of the fact that you aren't even reading any of the text I wrote. Play with nothing but late bloomers and you're going to struggle through most of the game.

Tell me when a tank is needed in this game at all?! Its so damn easy!!! I truly dont see where Triumphant sits (as I havnt used him...) Does he even have a heal spell?!

You can teach familiars heal spells and upsy daisy if they don't have it, lol. As for what makes a tank useful? The fact that you don't need to waste so much MP on healing and don't even need a dedicated healer. Throw upsy daisy on a good tank, and that solves your problems. No more need to worry about the healer dying either. Doesn't matter if tanks have weapons or not, that's not their purpose. Their purpose is to taunt the enemies and soak up damage. That's the purpose of a tank in any game.
---
#50ALL_D4Y_YES_SIRPosted 2/2/2013 10:33:30 PM
SilentHawk29 posted...
why bother wasting time grinding, playing the game (or whattever) using those weak familiars during main game

Because of the fact that you aren't even reading any of the text I wrote. Play with nothing but late bloomers and you're going to struggle through most of the game.

You can teach familiars heal spells and upsy daisy if they don't have it, lol. As for what makes a tank useful? The fact that you don't need to waste so much MP on healing and don't even need a dedicated healer. Throw upsy daisy on a good tank, and that solves your problems. No more need to worry about the healer dying either. Doesn't matter if tanks have weapons or not, that's not their purpose. Their purpose is to taunt the enemies and soak up damage. That's the purpose of a tank in any game.

so its more logical to just use crappy familiars and restart leveling process 3x over on another playthrough... Riiiiiiiiiiiiiight... Thats what I did and I REGRET it!! WASTE OF TIME!!! Mite and Puss are now my bench warmer (while they were my main team in 1st playthrough...) YOU WILL NOT STRUGGLE IN THIS GAME NO MATTER WHAT FAMILIAR YOU USE... You will have to do some grinding in between bosses regardless... I should have bought the strat guide day 1 so I can study a good strat and keep my setup in a post game...

Healing on a Tank is a GREAT idea... (seriously, it is...)... But, AT THE COST OF A GEM!!! And according to my strat guide there is no Upsy Daisy gem, and I have NEVER I ever seen one myself...Full heal spells aren't available in gems (Im aware there is a healing tear and healing rain...) The monkey looking familiar doubles as a fast dps, and Mandragorer is godlike healer and tank without the cost of any gems...