War Gods Axe BS

#1bamf422Posted 2/1/2013 11:26:18 PM
There has GOT to be an easier way to do this. Right now i'm switching between Miasma Marshes, The Tombstone Trail, and The Glittering Grotto killing/stealing from golden familiars preying that they drop either a Scroll of Truth or a Kaleidostone. As of right now i have 1 scroll and 4 Kaleidostones needing 5 and 5. And if i want to get Esther and Swaines final weapons i need 5 more of each. Was it necessary to make these so hard to get and to need to many? I'm sure we share frustration. Any help would be appreciated. thanks
#2crimson-falconPosted 2/1/2013 11:31:05 PM
got 5 scrolls in 1 hour in tombstone trails gold honky-tonker appear in the dark caves only

and 5 kiend-something in glittering grotto in 45 mins gold dragmuffin appear by doing a lap by the save point and the hdden passage
---
want to say (Great ) in other ways?
say (Tidy ) or ( Neato ) :)
#3Avery28Posted 2/1/2013 11:36:06 PM
Glittering Grotto for the Kaleidostone. Go to the Savestone near the boss battle. Then from there run to the hidden part (north i believe) and check the monsters there. If gold, attack, if not, back to save. Then just repeat that. There's no need to vacate or anything, because the enemies reset.

The sleepy dragon, i forgot his name, he has bubbles coming out of his nose or something, can a) drop the Kaleidostone and b) there's a decent chance to steal it with Mugshot. I got 3 Kaleidostones within 10 of them.

The Scroll of Truth is similar. Go to the Tombstone Trail and go to the cave part. Just fight some enemies there. You want the Honky Tronky or something like that. You can steal the Scroll from him with a ~30% chance. For me it was like every 2nd time, but I heard it's lower. Also, he's a raremob, so your best bet is fighting against every mob you see since he mostly spawns in those battles.

I think that's it... It took me about 3 or so hours to get 1 scroll vs Gold Tokos, and 1h to get 4 scrolls in the Trail. Around 30 min after knowing what to do for Kaleidostones ;)
---
BTs: 900/900.
#4bamf422(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2013 11:37:17 PM
crimson-falcon posted...
got 5 scrolls in 1 hour in tombstone trails gold honky-tonker appear in the dark caves only

and 5 kiend-something in glittering grotto in 45 mins gold dragmuffin appear by doing a lap by the save point and the hdden passage

I have been doing both of those for about 4 hours total and thats what i have to show. i must just not be as lucky.
#5bamf422(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2013 11:43:26 PM
Avery28 posted...
Glittering Grotto for the Kaleidostone. Go to the Savestone near the boss battle. Then from there run to the hidden part (north i believe) and check the monsters there. If gold, attack, if not, back to save. Then just repeat that. There's no need to vacate or anything, because the enemies reset.

The sleepy dragon, i forgot his name, he has bubbles coming out of his nose or something, can a) drop the Kaleidostone and b) there's a decent chance to steal it with Mugshot. I got 3 Kaleidostones within 10 of them.

The Scroll of Truth is similar. Go to the Tombstone Trail and go to the cave part. Just fight some enemies there. You want the Honky Tronky or something like that. You can steal the Scroll from him with a ~30% chance. For me it was like every 2nd time, but I heard it's lower. Also, he's a raremob, so your best bet is fighting against every mob you see since he mostly spawns in those battles.

I think that's it... It took me about 3 or so hours to get 1 scroll vs Gold Tokos, and 1h to get 4 scrolls in the Trail. Around 30 min after knowing what to do for Kaleidostones ;)

thanks dude that should help, what do you mean by mob? just any creature?
#6Avery28Posted 2/1/2013 11:52:47 PM
Yeah, mob = any random enemy. Just be sure to be in the cave.

Also, I mostly ran between the first two enemies, so at the first T-section and then take a right. You should see what I mean when you're there.
---
BTs: 900/900.
#7bamf422(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2013 11:58:36 PM
Avery28 posted...

Also, I mostly ran between the first two enemies, so at the first T-section and then take a right. You should see what I mean when you're there.

Thanks again
#8crimson-falconPosted 2/2/2013 12:00:31 AM
Avery28 posted...

you mean the floating gold honky-tonker lol
---
want to say (Great ) in other ways?
say (Tidy ) or ( Neato ) :)
#9he1senbergPosted 2/2/2013 12:01:29 AM
Avery28 posted...

The mobs don't reset when I run back to the save (unless I kill them). Is that what you mean by running back to the save to reset them? Because it sounds like people are forcing a reset but I don't know where the trigger is.
---
PSN is same as username. Please do not send me blank or unsolicited friend requests.
#10ElyonPosted 2/2/2013 12:05:04 AM(edited)
On the subject of the War God Axe, where does one get this recipe? Or do you not get it until after you've finished the quest? The quest-giver told me the materials, but I didn't want to make the item until I was certain it would be recorded in my Alchemy completion percentage.
---
Cyril ~ I'm glad you know your place.