What's a good jrpg that's not in no kuni.

#11stu300189Posted 2/2/2013 10:54:30 AM
Star Ocean 4 is a good game if you disregard everything that isnt the battle system.

The battles in that game are incredible.
---
http://www.last.fm/user/stu300189 | http://www.parablegames.net/
http://i.imgur.com/hu9GJ.png http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL8ED1B3D3A7C4415B
#12DemonBuffetPosted 2/2/2013 10:56:55 AM
Chronux posted...
PW360 posted...
SO4 is a bastardization of everything SO3 did right. Don't bother with that one.

SO4 was good, I had a lot of time and hours in that one.

stop putting your stupid laughable opinion as fact.

TC SO4 is worth to buy, youll get a lot of hours on it.. dont listen to these dummies.

What a cry baby, lmao!
Dude, SO4 sucked. I'm sorry to tell you. Till the end of time was amazing though!
#13travlrPosted 2/2/2013 10:58:00 AM
Lost Odyssey
#14rynrakoPosted 2/2/2013 11:00:29 AM
Arc Rise Fantasia. If you can look past the VAing (I don't mind them to be honest but a lot of folks complained) then it's pretty decent. Has a solid battle system and some challenging boss battles.

You can't grind your way to victory in that game because the exp you get from battles starts to reduce if you level in the same area for too long and bosses still do a crapload of damage, especially the optional ones.
---
Only those you trust can ever betray you.
Steam, Skype, PSN - Sliphatos.
#15johnbleuPosted 2/2/2013 11:15:03 AM
Blueandwhite87 posted...
I loved star ocean 3 is 4 a lot better ? Is tales of grace f better then star ocean? I want the game that offers the most content. Is there something better then these 2?

If you strictly like JRPG combat (especially more action oriented combat) then you can't go wrong with Tales of Graces f or Star Ocean 4. Both have very engaging combat systems.

Neither of those titles has a very strong cast or story imo, with Tales of Graces f coming out a bit ahead of SO4. I was a bit surprised that Graces wasn't stronger in this regard, and I expect Xillia to be stronger.

As far as sheer available content and things to do, I'd give that to SO4. It's a very long game with huge maps/dungeons to explore. Lots of quests, lots of backtracking, lots of endgame content. And if you're aiming for Platinum, expect to spend hundreds of hours in the game. That doesn't mean it's all of the highest quality, but there's a lot there!
---
Currently playing: Persona 4 Golden, Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch
#16PolantarisPosted 2/2/2013 11:36:07 AM
Dragon Quest 4-6
Eternal Sonata
Final Fantasy 4-6
Tales of [anything].

I highly recommend Eternal Sonata. It's amazing in my opinion.
---
It took hundreds to kill me but I killed humans by the thousands. I am sublime! I am the true face of evil! - Luca Blight
#17Bane766Posted 2/2/2013 11:45:37 AM
If you have a 360 then Lost Odyssey and Blue Dragon are pretty good-so was Magna Carta 2.

For PS3 Eternal Sonata was good. I did like FFXIII and XIII-2, but others didn't so you may not. I also liked Nier. And Tales of Vesperia was decent, but not a great game.

As for SO4, I liked the story better than SO3 ( I hated the twist in SO3) and the combat is pretty good. It's not a great game, but it's not a bad game either.
---
Douleur Peur Mort
#18Thanatos2kPosted 2/2/2013 11:50:38 AM
Tales of Graces F is a good choice, as is Tales of Vesperia.

PW360 posted...
SO4 is a bastardization of everything SO3 did right. Don't bother with that one.

SO3 is a bastardization of everything SO2 did right. And with a terrible story to boot!

Star Ocean 4 is a good game if you disregard everything that isnt the battle system.

Well, it's fun, but it's not exactly good. Meracle effortlessly tearing her way through the entire game from beginning to end was fun, but I wouldn't say the system is well tuned at all.

Arc Rise Fantasia. If you can look past the VAing (I don't mind them to be honest but a lot of folks complained) then it's pretty decent. Has a solid battle system and some challenging boss battles.

Arc Rise Fantasia is an extremely underrated game. And yes, it has some of the worst VA work of all time.

If you have a 360 then Lost Odyssey and Blue Dragon are pretty good-so was Magna Carta 2.

Magna Carta 2 is another underrated game.
---
-Thanatos2k-
#19monstrePosted 2/2/2013 11:54:19 AM
What's underrated about magna carta 2? Outside of the art, it's the most "by the number" JRPG ever.

Amnesiac main character: check

Rescued by a cute girl in a small village: check

Village get attacked by evil empire: check

Princess get's into the picture, want to help her people: check

Combat system had some interesting stuff, but it was still just same old rehash.

I do agree that SO2 was very good (So was SO1). I'd say

SO2 > SO1 > SO3 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>SO4
---
Are you an evil genius or a good idiot?
#20Edge4o7_Posted 2/2/2013 11:55:03 AM
Breath of Fire 3
Final Fantasy 6
Star Ocean 2
Legend of Dragoon
---
XBL: Edge4o7
P4A: Yu UMvC3 Zero/Dante/Sent