What's a good jrpg that's not in no kuni.

#101DragoonGriffithPosted 2/2/2013 6:12:01 PM
Xenoblade and Vesperia PS3 for console JRPGs.

Nothing comes close to them really (Nier would've, if it weren't for the mediocre gameplay).
---
Waiting for: NNK, Tales of Xillia 2
#102CLupulaPosted 2/2/2013 6:18:19 PM
Tales of Graces F is really, really awesome.

Star Ocean: The Last Hope is alright. It's not as bad as people say. It's better than 3, imo, but I think 3 was ruined by the ridiculous plot twist.
#103JRPGPosted 2/2/2013 6:23:15 PM
I liked Star ocean 4 but it isnt as good as lost odyssey.

If you have a wii definitely arc rise fantasia. (has world map, difficult bosses, loads of extras).

Persona 4 golden vita

Final fantasy IX, legen of dragoon.

Skies of Arcadia
---
PSN: Joerpg84
3DS: 2621-2720-6163
#104DragonSamuraiPosted 2/2/2013 6:35:18 PM
Zendaik posted...
OK. lol at the voice acting being poor. I really wonder what people consider good voice acting sometimes.

Probably everything has to have some famous celebrity doing the voices for it to be good to these people.
---
"You're turning into a real human being. You're beginning to confuse generosity with stupidity." Odd to Aelita (Code Lyoko)
#105Zio_DynePosted 2/2/2013 6:38:22 PM
Zendaik posted...
OK. lol at the voice acting being poor. I really wonder what people consider good voice acting sometimes.

Probably everything has to have some famous celebrity doing the voices for it to be good to these people.

but...Birth By Sleep had sub-par voice acting at best. :o
#106SkrallRampagerPosted 2/2/2013 6:41:44 PM
I wish Nier would have had a bigger budget. You can see the things that were rushed and/or cut back on.

Still, it's a game that at least should be rented. It's nothing if not UNIQUE in both story and parts of gameplay.

Maybe if there's ever a Nier 2.......
#107hyperknees91Posted 2/2/2013 6:45:26 PM
Zio_Dyne posted...
Zendaik posted...

but...Birth By Sleep had sub-par voice acting at best. :o

Probably anything that's not dubbed. Ala Dragon Age Origins, Mass effect.
---
JUS FC 2019-5866-6015
Brawl FC 3823-8182-8990
#108_Lycanthroat_Posted 2/2/2013 6:53:49 PM
Star Ocean 4 was one of the worst games I have had the displeasure of playing. Imagine Star Ocean 3 with a slightly better battle system, but with none of the charm/character/music/fun. Some of the absolute worst characters I have ever had to interact with, and a story that makes SO3s' twist look pedestrian.

A good JRPG? Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne, Xenoblade Chronicles, Final Fantasy XII (the good version), Nier, Devil Summoner...there's quite a few if you look hard enough.
---
"Death's vastness holds no peace. I come at the end of the long road. Neither human, nor devil... all bends to my will"
#109Zio_DynePosted 2/2/2013 7:00:04 PM
When I imagine SO4 with a much better battle-system, I imagine SO3.
#110Ampharos64Posted 2/2/2013 7:04:31 PM
For PS3? Tales of Graces f is a lot of fun, though bear in mind it's one of the lighter-hearted Tales games (still has some darker moments, though, especially in some of the sidequests). So, it depends how you feel about that, the humour is good though, it has made me laugh a lot, the characters aren't my favourites in the series but their interactions are entertaining. It arguably has a slower start than some too, even by JRPG standards, but I personally really liked the child arc, it works well with the story. As for stuff to do, well, it's a Tales game, so yeah, there's plenty. Optional dungeons and bosses, plenty of sidequests (some are missable, not as many as in most Tales games though), and the inn requests, which often require you to craft an item to fulfil. I'm currently 70 hours in and still have a lot to do in the main game, plus then there's the epilogue section.

hyperknees91 posted...
Not exploration or loot or anything...you know the things it's praised for.

Is that why it's praised? I don't really get it then, I don't think those things are usually what makes a JRPG good (a MMO, yes). It seems like it doesn't make sense to compare it to others and call it the best this gen if it's so different.