What's a good jrpg that's not in no kuni.

#131DragoonGriffithPosted 2/2/2013 8:37:32 PM
Thanatos2k posted...
I didn't have a problem with the AI in the PS3 version of Vesperia ever

The one that was never released?

In the west. Yeah it's a moot point, but nonetheless there's a version out there fixing most of the gameplay issues the 360 version had (and not only the AI).

Other than that, content and character interaction is superior amongst other things in those two compared to BBS.

But the main story of BBS was actually good for once. (DDD ruined that, but you know....)

Main stories of both Graces and Vesperia (and every Tales game ever) are absolute meh.

Rebirth, Legendia, Hearts and apparently Xillia 2 are pretty good actually.
Just saying. You'd have to believe me on the three which aren't released here.

I won't pretend that Vesperia or Graces have overly good stories. Both were mediocre there.
---
Waiting for: NNK, Tales of Xillia 2
#132Zio_DynePosted 2/2/2013 8:38:24 PM
I'd much rather play as Judith than Ventus, Aqua, or Terra.
Vesperia's AI can be hit and miss, but you have enough control over it that it's not that bad, and besides; that game is too fun to solo anyway.
Graces is...less fun solo. The AI can be a bit of a drag on that one.
#133DragoonGriffithPosted 2/2/2013 8:41:20 PM
And that too.

Judith and Patty are really fun characters too use.
And as much Yuri is broken with his infinity combos, it's still YOU using those skills.

Unlike Abyss' "lol free run" implementation, in Vesperia no one is forcing you to use those skills to break something.

The game is enough fun as it is.
---
#134hyperknees91Posted 2/2/2013 8:46:44 PM
Don't get me wrong I think Vesperia is fun (graces could have been but the AI ruined the game for me). Just stating why I think BBS might be a superior game (at least for me).
---
JUS FC 2019-5866-6015
Brawl FC 3823-8182-8990
#135DragoonGriffithPosted 2/2/2013 8:49:15 PM(edited)
hyperknees91 posted...
Don't get me wrong I think Vesperia is fun (graces could have been but the AI ruined the game for me). Just stating why I think BBS might be a superior game (at least for me).

I know.
Sorry if I came across as pushy or something with my opinion.

At least we agree with Oath being better than all of them lol.
And I do love me some Origin also.

Need to play Seven yet, and get a Vita for that matter too, since Celceta is getting localized.
---
#136Thanatos2kPosted 2/2/2013 8:54:46 PM(edited)
GUYS, no arguing about the placements in the list. Read the last few sentences of my post again.

Personally though they all lose to Ys Seven and Oath if you ask me.

Ys Seven starts getting really boring about halfway through, when the dungeons start getting longer and the battle system stops being interesting and you lock into the party and abilities you're going to use for the rest of the game, then just spam them.

And when you start having to backtrack everywhere for side quests.....

In the west. Yeah it's a moot point, but nonetheless there's a version out there fixing most of the gameplay issues the 360 version had (and not only the AI).

Doesn't matter if we can't play it.

Rebirth, Legendia, Hearts

Ditto.

Just saying. You'd have to believe me on the three which aren't released here.

Wait, Legendia? Legendia goes in the 'mediocre' category. Wasn't even in this generation.
---
-Thanatos2k-
#137DragoonGriffithPosted 2/2/2013 8:56:42 PM
Thanatos2k posted...

Wait, Legendia? Legendia goes in the 'mediocre' category. Wasn't even in this generation.

Character and storywise I'd disagree. God knows it's gameplay is ****, but other than that it was great in almost all other categories (besides Shirley).

Music, character development, character interaction, Chloe still being the Nr.1 female in the series, story being actually good IMO.

As for the other points, there's importing and even english translation guides for those.
A lot of people might not like using those or for that matter importing, but everyone who knows the story of Hearts for example will tell you it has a good story.
---
#138Thanatos2kPosted 2/2/2013 8:59:35 PM
Character and storywise I'd disagree. God knows it's gameplay is ****, but other than that it was great in almost all other categories (besides Shirley).

The story is fricking awful. The disjointed "half real story, half character quests" was straight up bad storytelling.

I actually really liked the character quest parts, but the main story, AND the "final" story at the end are just terrible.

And Shirley is so damn obnoxious.
---
-Thanatos2k-
#139DragoonGriffithPosted 2/2/2013 9:01:02 PM
Those are more pacing problems I'd say.
But ok, not that it matters that much.
---
#140lennethsokiPosted 2/2/2013 9:03:20 PM
DragoonGriffith posted...
Those are more pacing problems I'd say.

Pacing plays a part in story composition and quality, though~
---
Official Knight of the Round Table. The legend of King Arthur shall never be forgotten...
#1 Applejack fan! I love apples!