What's a good jrpg that's not in no kuni.

#141Thanatos2kPosted 2/2/2013 9:04:57 PM
Those are more pacing problems I'd say.

They're the least of the problems.

Again, the story in the first half, the so-called main story, even taken just on its own - sucks. Mostly because of Shirley. And the final character quest stuff is crap too.
---
-Thanatos2k-
#142DragoonGriffithPosted 2/2/2013 9:05:11 PM
lennethsoki posted...
DragoonGriffith posted...
Those are more pacing problems I'd say.

Pacing plays a part in story composition and quality, though~

I know.

FFXIII (along with executing those ideas of mythology it had) also had those problems for example.

Anyway, yeah I can see someone finding it tedious.
---
Waiting for: NNK, Tales of Xillia 2
#143hyperknees91Posted 2/2/2013 9:05:43 PM

Ys Seven starts getting really boring about halfway through, when the dungeons start getting longer and the battle system stops being interesting and you lock into the party and abilities you're going to use for the rest of the game, then just spam them.

It's true the dungeons could be better and ability system needed to be improved. But I think it really does have not only the best boss battles in any action rpg I've played (all the way through the game), most fluid controls and best camera...pretty much sold it for me despite it's faults.

I'll give the king crown to Twewy though, as the battle system is pretty much godly the entire game.
---
JUS FC 2019-5866-6015
Brawl FC 3823-8182-8990
#144DragoonGriffithPosted 2/2/2013 9:06:17 PM
Thanatos2k posted...

Again, the story in the first half, the so-called main story, even taken just on its own - sucks. Mostly because of Shirley. And the final character quest stuff is crap too.

And I disagree, but again I probably get nothing out of trying to convince you otherwise.
---
#145Thanatos2kPosted 2/2/2013 9:08:40 PM(edited)
It's true the dungeons could be better and ability system needed to be improved. But I think it really does have not only the best boss battles in any action rpg I've played (all the way through the game), most fluid controls and best camera...pretty much sold it for me despite it's faults.

Hey, there's nothing wrong with the boss battles. They were always interesting and very fun.

Can't uprank the whole game because of that, because there's a whole lot of game that is not boss battles.

Unless you're Shadow of the Colossus.

And I disagree, but again I probably get nothing out of trying to convince you otherwise.

It's a very common criticism of the game.
---
-Thanatos2k-
#146CynicalGamer1Posted 2/2/2013 9:08:02 PM
It depends on what system you have access to.

PSX - Final Fantasy 7, 8 or 9 is good. Tales of Destiny 1 and 2 (Eternia) Suikoden 1 and 2, Xenogears, Wild Arms 1 and 2

PS2 - Final Fantasy X, Tales of Abyss (only tales game on ps2 worth playing...do not listen to anyone here....Legendia was awful...if you paid 1 dollar for it you are wasting your dollar) Suikoden 3 and 5, Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2, Xenosaga ...eh...its ok. Starts good but has disappointing ending. Dark Cloud 1 and 2, Dragon Quest 8...oh Shadow Hearts 1 and 2 are good as well. Wild Arms Alter Code f (especially good if you finish WA1 on psx)

Gamecube - Tales of Symphonia. Yep...thats pretty much it.

Xbox 360 - Tales of Vesperia, Lost Odyssey

PS3 - Eternal Sonata, Tales of Graces f, Final Fantasy 13...has criticism but still worth a play. Star Ocean 4 ( its not as bad as people say..the gameplay is fun but the story is lacking...however it is still 1000x better than the most god awful plot twist ever from SO3)

PSP - Crisis Core, SO1 and 2, Persona series...although im not big on them and couldnt get into them.
#147hyperknees91Posted 2/2/2013 9:11:33 PM

Hey, there's nothing wrong with the boss battles. They were always interesting and very fun.

Can't uprank the whole game because of that, because there's a whole lot of game that is not boss battles.

Heh well that is true, I still had fun for the most part but I will agree that Oath handled dungeons better (and BBS definitely handled abilities better).
---
JUS FC 2019-5866-6015
Brawl FC 3823-8182-8990
#148DragoonGriffithPosted 2/2/2013 9:12:00 PM
Thanatos2k posted...

It's a very common criticism of the game.

Chasing half the game after Shirley, I guess I can see it objectively.

Ah well.
---
#149hyperknees91Posted 2/2/2013 9:13:03 PM
CynicalGamer1 posted...

Gamecube - Tales of Symphonia. Yep...thats pretty much it.

Baten Kaitos is good fun too.
---
JUS FC 2019-5866-6015
Brawl FC 3823-8182-8990
#150DragoonGriffithPosted 2/2/2013 9:14:20 PM
hyperknees91 posted...

Baten Kaitos is good fun too.

Skies of Arcadia: Legends also
---