What's a good jrpg that's not in no kuni.

#31RPG maniac87Posted 2/2/2013 12:31:42 PM
Blueandwhite87 posted...
I loved star ocean 3 is 4 a lot better ? Is tales of grace f better then star ocean? I want the game that offers the most content. Is there something better then these 2?

What matters is what you think, not all of us. I'd give any JRPG this gen a chance. Renting is an option if you're concerned by the cost.

My 5 favorite JRPGs on the PS3 are:
1. Nier
2. Tales of Graces f
3. Final Fantasy XIII
4. Record of Agarest War 2
5. Cross Edge

SO4 as you mentioned was really fun too. I'd put it somewhere in my mid-tier w/ NNK.
---
You lack the mustache for full comprehension. (Super Paper Mario)
#32SkrallRampagerPosted 2/2/2013 12:43:12 PM(edited)
You'd be surprised how fast your eyes adjust. Yes, it's 480p.
But it really does have an amazing sense of scope and the artistry is great.

It's crazy to think that it's actually a game on the Wii. You'd think it wasn't possible.
#33LLL_DeadlyPosted 2/2/2013 12:37:08 PM(edited)
The entire Inazuma Eleven series.

Basically, quirky characters with solid development, phenomenal soundtracks (Yasunori Mitsuda is the composer), simple yet effective stories, and a fast paced 'battle' system.

Only the first 2 have been localized, though. Inazuma Eleven 2 is arguably Level-5's darkest game (not saying much considering most of their games are lighthearted), so it's definitely worth a try.

EDIT: Oh and if soccer turns you off, the series really isn't soccer-orientated. It's really just a gameplay mechanic. Watch this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlQr4clsIGM
---
Wind Waker is one of the greatest games ever made. Hoping the HD Remake does it justice.
#34MatrinkaPosted 2/2/2013 12:36:03 PM
My all time favorite series is on the PS2 - Shadow Hearts and Shadow Hearts: Covenant. Its... a mixture of JRPG, alternate history (it takes place here on Earth), Lovecraftian horror, and frequently mocks tropes while embracing them. The game has some of my favorite characters, a great battling system, and is both consistently funny and scary. The third title... not so much... but it was still fun.
#35johnbleuPosted 2/2/2013 12:40:29 PM
SkrallRampager posted...

It's crazy to think that it's actually a game in the Wii. You'd think it wasn't possible.

I admit I had a really tough time adjusting to the 480p. I tried playing it on my 50" which I sit about 8 feet from and it was just jarring. Which is a shame, because the art design is so beautiful and the gameplay is fun. I made it about 20% into the game and took a break...haven't managed to go back yet.

I might hook it up on the smaller bedroom tv and try playing it again. The horrible transition of old game systems onto new HDTVs is a tragedy to me. :(
---
Currently playing: Persona 4 Golden, Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch
#36Zio_DynePosted 2/2/2013 12:42:06 PM

It's crazy to think that it's actually a game in the Wii. You'd think it wasn't possible.

Wholeheartedly agree.
That game is breathtaking. It goes so far beyond the scope of expectations for a Wii game.

It's not necessarily my favorite game ever, though I did enjoy it despite the battle-system, but as far as eye-candy goes, Xenoblade easily rivals most any HD game imo.
and if you really can't stand standard definition, you do have options...it is a Wii game after all.
#37SkrallRampagerPosted 2/2/2013 12:42:39 PM
Not to mention the voice acting.

"Shove off!"

"It's Reyn Time!"
#38Edge4o7_Posted 2/2/2013 12:50:34 PM
Xenoblade isn't that impressive on the Wii.

It's good in 1080p on Dolphin with HD texture packs however.
---
XBL: Edge4o7
P4A: Yu UMvC3 Zero/Dante/Sent
#39RPG maniac87Posted 2/2/2013 12:55:38 PM
Xenoblade's story is great until it falls apart toward the end. The battle system was promising but they never really push the player. There are many beautiful areas but it can get boring quickly trudging through each area. A solid game all-around.
---
You lack the mustache for full comprehension. (Super Paper Mario)
#40monstrePosted 2/2/2013 12:58:54 PM
RPG maniac87 posted...
Xenoblade's story is great until it falls apart toward the end. The battle system was promising but they never really push the player. There are many beautiful areas but it can get boring quickly trudging through each area. A solid game all-around.

See this is exactly what I'm talking about that's like every xenoblade review in a nutshell a bunch of semi compliment immediately follow by a defect which end with a good word. That's why I don't get xenoblade since even positive review make it sound bad.
---
Are you an evil genius or a good idiot?