What's a good jrpg that's not in no kuni.

#41Nophoria88Posted 2/2/2013 1:08:14 PM
The DS has a lot of great JRPGs, but if you're not into that then Resonance of Fate is good if you invest into it, Tales of Graces is pretty good, Star Ocean is middle of the road - it's not horrible but not great either.
#42Happily NeuroticPosted 2/2/2013 1:09:39 PM
PW360 posted...
SO4 is a bastardization of everything SO3 did right. Don't bother with that one.

The only thing SO3 did right was combat. That's all SO4 does right, too, and it does it much better than SO3.
---
"I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's any evidence of thinking going on inside it." Terry Pratchett
#43ZendaikPosted 2/2/2013 1:10:10 PM
Happily Neurotic posted...
PW360 posted...
SO4 is a bastardization of everything SO3 did right. Don't bother with that one.

The only thing SO3 did right was combat. That's all SO4 does right, too, and it does it much better than SO3.

SO3 had a good soundtrack.
---
Monster Hunter Tri, Kid Icarus: Uprising IDs: Kirolos
#44Nophoria88Posted 2/2/2013 1:12:18 PM
Thanatos2k posted...
What's underrated about magna carta 2? Outside of the art, it's the most "by the number" JRPG ever.

It was above average. Pretty much every facet of the game was solid. That can't for said for a lot of games these days.

The story was boring, the voice acting dry, the combat had too many slow points, it was semi attractive I'll give it that though. It was average, the story was one of the dullest/most predictable I've played. I wouldn't call it a bad game, but it's not above average and would say Star Ocean is better than it.
#45MoooglemanPosted 2/2/2013 1:14:45 PM
LLL_Deadly posted...
The entire Inazuma Eleven series.

Basically, quirky characters with solid development, phenomenal soundtracks (Yasunori Mitsuda is the composer), simple yet effective stories, and a fast paced 'battle' system.

Only the first 2 have been localized, though. Inazuma Eleven 2 is arguably Level-5's darkest game (not saying much considering most of their games are lighthearted), so it's definitely worth a try.

EDIT: Oh and if soccer turns you off, the series really isn't soccer-orientated. It's really just a gameplay mechanic. Watch this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlQr4clsIGM

were they released in na do you know? i remember some of those games being in europe but not here
#46LLL_DeadlyPosted 2/2/2013 1:16:59 PM
Mooogleman posted...
LLL_Deadly posted...

Basically, quirky characters with solid development, phenomenal soundtracks (Yasunori Mitsuda is the composer), simple yet effective stories, and a fast paced 'battle' system.

Only the first 2 have been localized, though. Inazuma Eleven 2 is arguably Level-5's darkest game (not saying much considering most of their games are lighthearted), so it's definitely worth a try.

EDIT: Oh and if soccer turns you off, the series really isn't soccer-orientated. It's really just a gameplay mechanic. Watch this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlQr4clsIGM

were they released in na do you know? i remember some of those games being in europe but not here

No, but they're pretty cheap in EU...shouldn't be too much of a hassle to import. However there was a Inazuma Eleven collection released on 3DS with all of the DS instalments in the series, and that might be localized, so it'd probably be better to wait.
---
Wind Waker is one of the greatest games ever made. Hoping the HD Remake does it justice.
#47SkrallRampagerPosted 2/2/2013 1:23:32 PM
RPG maniac87 posted...
Xenoblade's story is great until it falls apart toward the end. The battle system was promising but they never really push the player. There are many beautiful areas but it can get boring quickly trudging through each area. A solid game all-around.

See now this is an opinion, and I can't say it's wrong.

But I disagree with it wholeheartedly.
Battle system was amazing. I never got bored. (Well except maybe after I hit the 120 hour mark- and then I stopped playing)
#48MoooglemanPosted 2/2/2013 1:24:07 PM
LLL_Deadly posted...
Mooogleman posted...
LLL_Deadly posted...

No, but they're pretty cheap in EU...shouldn't be too much of a hassle to import. However there was a Inazuma Eleven collection released on 3DS with all of the DS instalments in the series, and that might be localized, so it'd probably be better to wait.

but then id have to import a eu ds too wouldn't i?
#49LLL_DeadlyPosted 2/2/2013 1:26:00 PM
Mooogleman posted...
LLL_Deadly posted...
Mooogleman posted...
LLL_Deadly posted...

but then id have to import a eu ds too wouldn't i?

The DS isn't region locked.
---
Wind Waker is one of the greatest games ever made. Hoping the HD Remake does it justice.
#50RPG maniac87Posted 2/2/2013 1:34:16 PM
monstre posted...
RPG maniac87 posted...
Xenoblade's story is great until it falls apart toward the end. The battle system was promising but they never really push the player. There are many beautiful areas but it can get boring quickly trudging through each area. A solid game all-around.

See this is exactly what I'm talking about that's like every xenoblade review in a nutshell a bunch of semi compliment immediately follow by a defect which end with a good word. That's why I don't get xenoblade since even positive review make it sound bad.

Why would you base your actions on someone else's opinions? Have you never had something you loved that others felt differently about?
---
You lack the mustache for full comprehension. (Super Paper Mario)