What's a good jrpg that's not in no kuni.

#51Zmapper33Posted 2/2/2013 1:37:14 PM
Okay everyone, stop beating around the bush if you want a quality JRPG this gen then get FFXIII and FFXIII-2, only must plays this gen.
#52imsalingawayPosted 2/2/2013 1:42:22 PM
There's a few options on the PS3. I'll separate some options.

If you want a game on disc, I'd reccomend Valkyria Chronicles or Tales of Graces F. There's also some others that vary in quality, like the Atelier series or the Neptunia series. Look up some gameplay videos and some review of those games before you commit. Star Ocean 4 is cheap, and not completely terrible.

As for games you can download off PSN, I'd recommend Final Fantasy 7-9, Breath of Fire 4 (shame 3 isn't on the store), Grandia and Suikoden.
#53R_ChampPosted 2/2/2013 1:45:56 PM
Zmapper33 posted...
Okay everyone, stop beating around the bush if you want a quality JRPG this gen then get FFXIII and FFXIII-2, only must plays this gen.

Not sure if serious...but either way I actually agree if you don't own a Wii, WiiU, or 3DS and can't play Xenoblade, Last Story, or Tales of the Abyss (obviously on PS2 as well...the PS3 I played on wasn't backwards compatible, maybe yours is).

Persona 4 G is also a good choice (also on PS2) just don't let the fanboys overhype it for you.
#54monstrePosted 2/2/2013 1:49:40 PM
RPG maniac87 posted...
monstre posted...
RPG maniac87 posted...
Xenoblade's story is great until it falls apart toward the end. The battle system was promising but they never really push the player. There are many beautiful areas but it can get boring quickly trudging through each area. A solid game all-around.

See this is exactly what I'm talking about that's like every xenoblade review in a nutshell a bunch of semi compliment immediately follow by a defect which end with a good word. That's why I don't get xenoblade since even positive review make it sound bad.

Why would you base your actions on someone else's opinions? Have you never had something you loved that others felt differently about?

Time and money? Plus I didn't enjoy FF12 and I already play MMORPG so I know what's its like. What baffle me is how every positive review is written like a negative one.
---
Are you an evil genius or a good idiot?
#55Chrono66Posted 2/2/2013 1:51:41 PM
For best RPGs this generation in my opinion I would say Valkyria Chronicles and Radiant Historia.
#56MoooglemanPosted 2/2/2013 1:52:17 PM
LLL_Deadly posted...
Mooogleman posted...
LLL_Deadly posted...
Mooogleman posted...
LLL_Deadly posted...
The entire Inazuma Eleven series.

Basically, quirky characters with solid development, phenomenal soundtracks (Yasunori Mitsuda is the composer), simple yet effective stories, and a fast paced 'battle' system.

Only the first 2 have been localized, though. Inazuma Eleven 2 is arguably Level-5's darkest game (not saying much considering most of their games are lighthearted), so it's definitely worth a try.

EDIT: Oh and if soccer turns you off, the series really isn't soccer-orientated. It's really just a gameplay mechanic. Watch this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlQr4clsIGM

were they released in na do you know? i remember some of those games being in europe but not here

No, but they're pretty cheap in EU...shouldn't be too much of a hassle to import. However there was a Inazuma Eleven collection released on 3DS with all of the DS instalments in the series, and that might be localized, so it'd probably be better to wait.

but then id have to import a eu ds too wouldn't i?

The DS isn't region locked.

holy shi* im gonna do that then
#57MonadAlvisPosted 2/2/2013 1:53:37 PM
monstre posted...
RPG maniac87 posted...
monstre posted...
RPG maniac87 posted...
Xenoblade's story is great until it falls apart toward the end. The battle system was promising but they never really push the player. There are many beautiful areas but it can get boring quickly trudging through each area. A solid game all-around.

See this is exactly what I'm talking about that's like every xenoblade review in a nutshell a bunch of semi compliment immediately follow by a defect which end with a good word. That's why I don't get xenoblade since even positive review make it sound bad.

Why would you base your actions on someone else's opinions? Have you never had something you loved that others felt differently about?

Time and money? Plus I didn't enjoy FF12 and I already play MMORPG so I know what's its like. What baffle me is how every positive review is written like a negative one.

Despite its flaws it's still enjoyable?
---
They say even a broken clock is right twice a day, but mine has never even once shown Reyn Time.
#58Dreaded_FatePosted 2/2/2013 1:53:55 PM
Zmapper33 posted...

If those were the last games on Earth, I still wouldn't play them. What pieces of crap they are!
#59Zio_DynePosted 2/2/2013 1:57:34 PM
PW360 posted...
SO4 is a bastardization of everything SO3 did right. Don't bother with that one.

The only thing SO3 did right was combat. That's all SO4 does right, too, and it does it much better than SO3.

...Seriously?
What, did MP deaths rub you the wrong way or something? Cause I really can't think of any other reason, and that's not even a good one.
#60hyperknees91Posted 2/2/2013 2:03:34 PM(edited)
Handhelds are your friend is all I can say. Tons of JRPGs on both.

Anyway I recommend

Valkyria Chronicles
SMT: Devil Survivor
Ys Seven/Oath/Origin
Twewy
Trails in the Sky
The Bastion (not a jrpg, but I bet jrpg fans would like it either way)
Dark/Demon's Souls
Radiant Historia
Xenoblade
BBS
Monster Hunter Tri/Freedom Unite
XIII-2 (Ironically it was a pretty decent game)

You can play games such as Tales of Graces F, SO4, Eternal Sonata, Lost Odyssey as well but I found them all a bit meh, best to go handheld when looking for great games from this gen.
---
JUS FC 2019-5866-6015
Brawl FC 3823-8182-8990