What's a good jrpg that's not in no kuni.

#61JuanZoloPosted 2/2/2013 1:01:24 PM
Xenoblade.

SO4 is the WORST JRPG I have ever played by far. How anyone could like it is beyond me.

HORRIBLE characters and dialogoue AND voice acting. Near non-existent story. AWFUL battle system. Bland, boring environments.

I don't normally hate games, but SO4 is definitely a game I hate. I loved SO3 by the way.
---
If the doors of perception were to be cleansed, everything would appear as it truly is-Infinite.
#62DragonSamuraiPosted 2/2/2013 1:01:44 PM
SkrallRampager posted...
Eternal Sonata was so horrible.... lol

Please don't play it. I have warned you ;P

No.
---
"You're turning into a real human being. You're beginning to confuse generosity with stupidity." Odd to Aelita (Code Lyoko)
#63Dreaded_FatePosted 2/2/2013 1:03:08 PM
SO4 is more bearable if you are playing the International version. The Japanese voices are so much better than the English ones. It makes me wonder why tri-Ace can't hire competent English VA's.
#64DragonSamuraiPosted 2/2/2013 1:06:38 PM
Dreaded_Fate posted...
SO4 is more bearable if you are playing the International version. The Japanese voices are so much better than the English ones. It makes me wonder why tri-Ace can't hire competent English VA's.

Lol the "sounds so much better" argument. The Japanese voices were equally blegh, like every other badly written anime cliche out there.
---
"You're turning into a real human being. You're beginning to confuse generosity with stupidity." Odd to Aelita (Code Lyoko)
#65Dreaded_FatePosted 2/2/2013 1:08:16 PM
DragonSamurai posted...
Dreaded_Fate posted...

Lol the "sounds so much better" argument. The Japanese voices were equally blegh, like every other badly written anime cliche out there.

Well, it does. The only nice thing I can say about SO4's English voice cast is that it sounds better than Final Fantasy XIII's crap ensemble.
#66coconutarmy1Posted 2/2/2013 1:14:46 PM
Chrono Trigger.
---
Currently commanding a platoon of coconuts. Slow work, but very fulfilling.
#67hyperknees91Posted 2/2/2013 1:16:01 PM
Dreaded_Fate posted...
DragonSamurai posted...
Dreaded_Fate posted...

Well, it does. The only nice thing I can say about SO4's English voice cast is that it sounds better than Final Fantasy XIII's crap ensemble.

Er both XIII and XIII-2 actually are pretty well acted out. The dialogue might be cheezy but you can't blame the actors for that.

SO4 isn't that bad either, just the fact the characters are written to be kind of one-dimensional. Both Edge and Reimi had decent performances though (a bit over the top and cheesy, but once again blame the script).
---
JUS FC 2019-5866-6015
Brawl FC 3823-8182-8990
#68stu300189Posted 2/2/2013 1:16:20 PM
AWFUL battle system.

You must hate fun. The battles were the only thing SO4 had going for it and were the only reason i saw the game through to the end.
---
http://www.last.fm/user/stu300189 | http://www.parablegames.net/
http://i.imgur.com/hu9GJ.png http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL8ED1B3D3A7C4415B
#69monstrePosted 2/2/2013 1:22:11 PM
I have to agree you can't blame the Voice actor for the mess that was FF13 character, they were just badly written. even Vanille, which was like getting a chesse grate trought your ear whenever she spoke, was just doing her job, an annoying character.

Similarly for SO4, I'll always be the first in line to beat it up for being so awful, had an okay combat system (it doesn't redeem it for everything else, that game was like a fan made bad hentai harem video game without the sex scene).
---
Are you an evil genius or a good idiot?
#70DragonSamuraiPosted 2/2/2013 1:24:12 PM
Dreaded_Fate posted...

Not it doesn't. FFXIII's cast is much more professional. You can hear the difference in quality. SO4 suffers from a case of mediocre writing, hence the reason for poorly done lines. It's got nothing to do with either English or Japanese (if you translate the lines word for word instead of the dub script, they're spewing out the exact same garbage). I'm pretty sure the Japanese actors were embarrassed to be acting out those lines.

Out of the English cast for SO4, I have to say Travis Willingham took his role as Bacchus the most seriously out of the entire dub crew.
---