Question about the best way to tame familiars.

#1SaltydoghaydenzamPosted 2/2/2013 1:59:29 PM
With taming familiars does anyone know if you really have to impress them and what this actually means? Are you just as likely to tame a familiar if you just kill it straight away or do you stand a better chance if you drag the fight out and keep blocking it's special attacks so it says nice?
#2StaticPenguinPosted 2/2/2013 2:01:14 PM
I think it's just something random that you get for kicking the crap out of them.
---
I named him Waggleton P. Tallylicker. I never got the chance to tell him. He will be remembered. ~ Grayson Hunt
#3HiroshidaPosted 2/2/2013 2:01:20 PM
No, you just defeat them and hope for hearts to pop up. Having how many "nice!" doesn't matter and is just a waste of time.
#4tsukia8Posted 2/2/2013 2:01:40 PM
Kill it, hope hearts pop. Thats all.
---
ZoSo! - Ni No Kuni: WotWW is taking over ROdyssey.
#5ZeroGravity38Posted 2/2/2013 2:02:27 PM
Taming familiars you can just kill it and keep fighting them until you get them because they all have low and high tame rates.
---
PSN: ZeroGravity38
SSBB FC:1679-1467-0742
#6StaticPenguinPosted 2/2/2013 2:04:11 PM
From what I understand you can also get a merit reward for taming them. I dunno when though. I'm in the second tier of them and most of them are battle and money related.
---
I named him Waggleton P. Tallylicker. I never got the chance to tell him. He will be remembered. ~ Grayson Hunt
#7vidalmorazaPosted 2/2/2013 2:05:29 PM
I try to kill the other familiars first, because if I get the hearts and the other 2 are still fighting it can be bad for the taming, other familiar can cast a magic that hurts all enemies and kill them all...

Like I said, if there are 3 familiars, but I just want one, I kill the other 2 first....
---
XBL/PSN/Steam/NNID: VidalukoVet
(most)This gen games: http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b245/VIdaluko/DSC00631.jpg
#8Saltydoghaydenzam(Topic Creator)Posted 2/2/2013 4:23:14 PM
Okay I've noticed that my chances of taming familiars has increased dramatically when I'm a much higher level than them. I went back to golden grove and I'm getting the chance to tame much more often
#9PFireflyPosted 2/2/2013 4:37:53 PM
Saltydoghaydenzam posted...
Okay I've noticed that my chances of taming familiars has increased dramatically when I'm a much higher level than them. I went back to golden grove and I'm getting the chance to tame much more often

Just no. People are prone to see patterns where they don't exist, and think they can influence random chance when they can't. Its in our nature to do so.

I'm massively op (lvl 50 when I got dragon flight), and it took me over an hour to get just one danglerfish from Ding Dong Well. Took me 20ish fights when I was underleveled to get a skeleton at the desert, and about the same to get a second when I went back as a lvl 45.

The percentages are set and not subject to change by doing anything special. If you fought 1m of the same creature, you'd get roughly the number you should based on the percentage even if you caught 10k in a row, or didn't catch one after 300k fights while doing it.

TLDR version: You got lucky. You can't increase the capture rate by doing anything special.
---
Alice returns in 2011, I'll be ready... http://www.ea.com/alice
Inception ending spoiler: http://twitpic.com/26k9ub
#10AlltraPosted 2/7/2013 1:33:19 AM
The capture rates are too low in this game. They need bumped up about 10% per monster At least.
---
I sometimes feel as though life is a curse that has been placed on the living. I envy the unborn at times.