Was the White Witch mentioned at all in the original DS game?

#1Ness0123456789Posted 2/2/2013 3:20:33 PM
*Spoilers are likely to follow, ye been warned*

So I'm at the last save point of the game, and will probably finish it later this evening or tomorrow, but one thing's been bugging me. I know that the original DS game ended after Shadar and Nevermore, and the general consensus of the White Witch storyline after the end is mostly eh, and I can understand why.

But my main question is if the White Witch was even mentioned within the original game's context, or was it an entirely new sub-plot/addition that was added strictly for the PS3 version. It's more of a curiosity than anything, and was hoping anyone who played The Jet Black Wizard and could read Japanese would be able to answer my question.
---
Each person might see a rose with a different shade of red, but the fact that we can all agree on is beauty -- that is a miracle.
-Michea, FFXI
#2kkeevvPosted 2/2/2013 3:24:41 PM
I'd be more interested in finding out if a certain helpful character throughout the game was in the DS version.
---
Check out my quote.
#3Ness0123456789(Topic Creator)Posted 2/2/2013 4:17:17 PM
Bumping for curiosity's sake and for science.
---
Each person might see a rose with a different shade of red, but the fact that we can all agree on is beauty -- that is a miracle.
-Michea, FFXI
#4Seifer_usPosted 2/2/2013 4:42:27 PM
I played about halfway through it before I decided I'd rather just play the PS3 version because the battle system on the DS was very lackluster in comparison, so I sold my copy back. Anyway, in all that time I don't recall the White Witch being mentioned, but it admittedly has been a while.
---
PSN ID: Shawnji
Trophy List: http://psnprofiles.com/Shawnji
#5Ness0123456789(Topic Creator)Posted 2/2/2013 5:37:59 PM
I played about halfway through it before I decided I'd rather just play the PS3 version because the battle system on the DS was very lackluster in comparison, so I sold my copy back. Anyway, in all that time I don't recall the White Witch being mentioned, but it admittedly has been a while.

That's what I figured. The story felt like it could hold up on it's own without the White Witch, and focus entirely on Shadar as the primary antagonist.

Thanks for clearing it up for me.
---
-Michea, FFXI
#6kkeevvPosted 2/2/2013 8:03:06 PM
Was Pea in the DS game?
---
Check out my quote.
#7LeanaunfurledPosted 2/2/2013 8:06:00 PM
Was Pea in the DS game?

Pea's existence is for the WW storyline so I doubt it. Though in the DS, how does Oliver get his first wand?
---
Not removing this sig until Bravely Default:Flying Fairy is localized.
http://i.imgur.com/atFfl36.png
#8lanifPosted 2/2/2013 8:10:07 PM
no the white witch was not in the ds game
---
Thalia, Guardian of Thraben sometimes she hits me first!!!!
#9kkeevvPosted 2/2/2013 10:41:03 PM
Leanaunfurled posted...
Was Pea in the DS game?

Pea's existence is for the WW storyline so I doubt it. Though in the DS, how does Oliver get his first wand?

Yeah...that's an interesting question. I mean, I guess they could have just attributed all of Pea's actions to Drippy, but even then...
---
Check out my quote.
#10LeanaunfurledPosted 2/2/2013 10:45:28 PM
Yeah...that's an interesting question. I mean, I gue

I just found a Youtube playthrough of it. Or at least the beginning of it, which is what mattered to me. No Pea, and he just found a random twig on the street. xD
---
Not removing this sig until Bravely Default:Flying Fairy is localized.
http://i.imgur.com/atFfl36.png