What are your favorite JRPGS of this generation?

#61the voidPosted 2/4/2013 10:34:18 PM
There isn't enough Etrian Odyssey 3 in this topic. Exploring/dungeon crawling/party building anime-flavored Wizardry.

I also really liked Star ocean 4. I can understand the hate that it gets but having previously experienced tri-ace stuff I went into it expecting a great combat system and "meh" story, and that's exactly what I got.
---
void in your head, void between your ears, void everywhere
#62AjidoMarujidoPosted 2/4/2013 10:55:47 PM(edited)
The fact that "The World Ends With You" was only mentioned three times in this thread saddens me...

1. Tales of Vesperia
2. The World Ends With You
3. Persona 4 Golden
4. Radiant Historia
5. Ni no Kuni

Honorable Mentions include: Kingdom Hearts 3D, Crisis Core, Tales of Symphonia: DotNW, FFT: War of the Lions, Lost Odyssey, Pokémon Diamond/Pearl, Eternal Sonata, and Disgaea 3

EDIT: Also mentioning that I have not played Xenoblade or The Last Story, as I got rid of my Wii before they came out., I hear that they're good...

Trying to figure out what gen PSP and DS are... Since they came out at the end of the last gen... but before this gen.. ugh.

The handheld and console generations don't match up perfectly, but the DS/PSP are "Gen 7" which is the sane as 360/PS3/Wii. 3DS/Vita/WiiU are "Gen 8".
---
[[Currently Playing]] -- Ni no Kuni (PS3), Disgaea 3 (Vita), Pokemon Heart Gold (DS)
[[PSN - MilesEdgeworth]] ~ [[XBL - The 22nd]]
#63Sephiroth C RyuPosted 2/4/2013 10:51:17 PM
I've only just gotten my second party member, but Ni no Kuni is definitely among them.
---
I am the Hunter of Topics. My post never fails to kill its prey.
*pounces* Nyaa!
#64JuanZoloPosted 2/4/2013 10:52:36 PM
1. Ni No Kuni
2. Xenoblade
3. FFXIII
4. Tales of Vesperia

Those are the only JRPG's I have enjoyed this gen.
Wow. Not even 5.
---
If the doors of perception were to be cleansed, everything would appear as it truly is-Infinite.