Is it bad to metamorphose right away?

#1JimdbPosted 2/3/2013 6:10:31 AM
I usually metamorphose asap. Do I loose stats or anything?
---
You want bugs go play Lost Planet. This is war boy, no bugs or liberals allowed.
-Nick_GF
#2coydog_30Posted 2/3/2013 6:13:21 AM
Really only loose minimal stats, but may want to wait til the familiar learns all the skills before you morph them.
---
Official Horus of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
PSN: coydog_30 GT: TyingDarkDragon
#3FishermanFriendPosted 2/3/2013 6:16:34 AM
I think read 10% of total stats are carried over.I'm not sure if that's correct. If it is the case then it really isn't minimal at all, but it probably isn't necessary since the game isn't terribly hard.
#4ZEOPOWER6Posted 2/3/2013 6:20:47 AM
FishermanFriend posted...
I think read 10% of total stats are carried over.I'm not sure if that's correct. If it is the case then it really isn't minimal at all, but it probably isn't necessary since the game isn't terribly hard.

I think if you wait to level, the stats aren't really 'carried over', but you just start off with a slightly higher base set of stats that over the course of maxing out would end up around 10-20 points higher than if you waited. It's really not worth it, I guess?

As for the difficulty... some people would disagree, lol. This game can get oddly hard if you're not careful.
#5kmax08Posted 2/3/2013 6:50:32 AM
Familiars that are not evolved straight away will carry over 10-20 points to each stat at base level 1 with each metamorphose. The official guide says this is minimal and for the purpose of completing the game you should metamorphose straight away.

Something to note is it is helpful to keep at least one strong familiar for each human character while the evolved familiars level up.

Perhaps fully levelling your familiars before you evolve them is better suited to post game for those who want to make the strongest familiar they can.