How-To-Tutorial:Steal rarest items with 100% chance / Scroll of Truth, etc.

#31GameGuy777Posted 2/4/2013 6:38:40 AMmessage detail
I enjoy your videos man, but I really wish you didn't upload so much so fast it floods the sub box with upwards of 6 videos at a time. It's a bit annoying when you'd like to see your other subs videos as well.

---
http://i959.photobucket.com/albums/ae71/FenriSensei/Tags/Gameguy777.png
#32Avery28Posted 2/4/2013 8:01:28 AMmessage detail
dudeitscool posted...
My problem isn't the drop rates, it is the spawn rates of all the gold creatures. If they can't spawn I can't steal.

In the tombstone Trail there are 2 monsters very close to each other. Fight them and 1 AoE should kill everything except the Gold Monsters. 1 Mugshot and then kill those, rinse and repeat. Very easy, very fast - and every 5th fight there should be a gold monster.

Every 10th fight, ie. every 5-10 minutes max there should be a Honky Tonker. If unlucky, and it happens, every 15 minutes. Sometimes you'll find 2 in 2 minutes since they can also spawn directly on the map.
---
BTs: 900/900.
#33hotgamerPosted 2/4/2013 1:34:47 PMmessage detail
Only saw one in 2 hours and it didn't even drop the scroll. By the way, for Honker-Tonker, this strategy is very bad. You are better to use mugshot.

With the stones in Glittering grotto, it's better because enemies there do AoE spells like Earsplitter and Snowstorm. Having all 3 of your characters defend at the same time on those make it easy for a gold glim.
---
Trying to contain the chaos is futile.
#34KikuichimonjiPosted 2/4/2013 1:36:26 PMmessage detail
I'm going to have to agree with the two posters in this topic that complained about the awful spawn rate of golden glim. I also think it could be better to just farm the scrolls normally. I tried three battles and stayed 15 minutes in them each waiting for the glims, but they never appeared.

I feel the video was a bit misleading. The first battle in the video cut to when the glim appeared and who knew how long had passed in between. The second was one of the lucky battles when the glim appeared within 2 minutes. I had those battles before, occasionally, but never with these golden honkers. It gave the impression that the glim was a common spawn.

Unless I'm missing something important to make the glim spawn quicker (I know of the merit reward), in which please point it out for everyone to take advantage of.
---
There's no point telling stupid people that they're stupid. They're too stupid to know that they're stupid. Wasted effort.
#35Shiek_2002Posted 2/4/2013 4:30:45 PMmessage detail
I have been on the same fight for 10 minutes doing this trick, and I have not got a single yellow glim. For that matter, the word nice has only shown up like 3 times even though everyone is just sitting there defending. :(
---
PSN - Homey_Christ
#36Silfurbor_NeglaPosted 2/4/2013 5:09:19 PMmessage detail(edited)
Waiting for the gold glim to appear can take 15-30 min or longer depend on your luck, but the good thing is that you know in the end you will 100% get the item you wanted

Its useful on those golden familiar with low appearance rate (like golden gobspeed for glowing stone)
But for golden honky, the appearance rate is quite high, I think it will be faster if you just directly mugshot him, finish the batle and go look for another honky (I got 5 scroll in less than 2 hour by doing it)
---
Where is heaven? Above the sky, and below your feet.
#37CitizenCraigPosted 2/4/2013 5:17:12 PMmessage detail
I agree with others that the best familiars list should have been stickied as well:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/998014-ni-no-kuni-wrath-of-the-white-witch/65295773
-
---
speeddemosarchive.com/gamelist - speed runs of games for nostalgia and video walkthrough purposes
PS3 trophy stats: psnprofiles.com psntrophyleaders.com
#38trill2k11Posted 2/5/2013 11:17:39 AMmessage detail
Im going to tell you how I get gold glims fast. All I do is have everyone switched to do nothing. Then I have oliver use pulse over and over and you will constantly get nice. Then theres a 50% chance a gold glim appears. I was able to get 5 scrolls in 15 minutes with this method. Also if oliver is to strong just equip him with a lower damage wand.
#39KikuichimonjiPosted 2/5/2013 12:36:16 PMmessage detail(edited)
trill2k11 posted...
Im going to tell you how I get gold glims fast. All I do is have everyone switched to do nothing. Then I have oliver use pulse over and over and you will constantly get nice. Then theres a 50% chance a gold glim appears. I was able to get 5 scrolls in 15 minutes with this method. Also if oliver is to strong just equip him with a lower damage wand.

I'll try this on Bedraggles. But I don't know how you were able to meet up with 5 Golden Honkers within said time or you got them from other places.

At the start of a fight when there's a gold familiar that I want to steal from, I just pull out an AOE familiar (Catastroceros) and hit square at the same time. Use Earsplitter (AOE), that will wipe out the other 2 or 3 familliars on screen and get 2x or 3x "Nice" simultaneously. This will not kill the golden familiar. By doing so, there seemed to be a pretty decent rate of the golden glim popping out immediately for me. Then quickly switch to Swaine to grab it. Since square was pressed at the start of the battle, don't have to worry about other companions snatching it.
---
There's no point telling stupid people that they're stupid. They're too stupid to know that they're stupid. Wasted effort.
#40naarosPosted 2/5/2013 12:49:00 PMmessage detail
I think waiting for the golden glim to appear doing this method is more boring than doing it the normal way. I waited like 15-20 minutes in one battle getting lots of "Nice!" and no gold one ever appeared. :/ Then, randomly I was doing one of the post game bounty quests and killed a gold familiar and got a scroll of truth as a drop, lol.