How-To-Tutorial:Steal rarest items with 100% chance / Scroll of Truth, etc.

1. Boards
  2. Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch
  3. How-To-Tutorial:Steal rarest items with 100% chance / Scroll of Truth, etc.
Is it just me or do counter attacking is indeed have higher chance of gold glim drop compared to guarding enemeis skill?
Where is heaven? Above the sky, and below your feet.

User Info: Kaiser393

Kaiser393
4 years ago#42
Try using Oliver's Thunderstorm, it gets a Nice on every enemy it hits and it isn't so strong that it kills them.

User Info: x7forgotten

x7forgotten
4 years ago#43
Kaiser393 posted...
Try using Oliver's Thunderstorm, it gets a Nice on every enemy it hits and it isn't so strong that it kills them.

For as far as 'Scroll of Truth' items go this was a good idea. Equip your weakest wand and gear. Once in a battle hit SQUARE to make everyone defend. Change everyone tactics to Do Nothing if not already. Then use Oliver's Thunderstorm repeatedly but do not kill it. If a Golden Glim drops before it gets low try and switch to Swaine to get it and steal the scroll. If not, then try mugshot and finish it off. Got all 5 within an hour and that seems to be pretty good based on stories I've heard from others.

User Info: Meteorites

Meteorites
4 years ago#44
I waited so long for the stupid glim to show up just to have the AI steal it from me. Not such a useful "trick" and not worthy of a sticky.

User Info: EgHeadFool

EgHeadFool
4 years ago#45
x7forgotten posted...
Kaiser393 posted...

For as far as 'Scroll of Truth' items go this was a good idea. Equip your weakest wand and gear. Once in a battle hit SQUARE to make everyone defend. Change everyone tactics to Do Nothing if not already. Then use Oliver's Thunderstorm repeatedly but do not kill it. If a Golden Glim drops before it gets low try and switch to Swaine to get it and steal the scroll. If not, then try mugshot and finish it off. Got all 5 within an hour and that seems to be pretty good based on stories I've heard from others.

I played around with this today. I have yet to actually get a gold glim using it. It's either from random defend or, what seems most frequent, is right after he casts love-struck. I got 3 scrolls in about 30 minutes but only one was a gold glim steal and it was in spite of all my failed Thunderstorm efforts. I can get 3-4 of them off before he's in danger of dying.

User Info: SaintHero666

SaintHero666
4 years ago#46
Thanks, TC. This is super useful.

User Info: Orson1984

Orson1984
4 years ago#47
Man I must have some serious bad luck. I've sat in a battle for 40 minutes trying this and not once did it give me a gold glim.

I wait 20 minutes now for the last 2 days, still haven't seen 1 gold glim from blocking. A bunch a blues and greens. I've tried switching difficulty but nothing.

So i have just been stealing and getting the stone and scrolls.

I hate those scrolls 1 compared to my nine Stones. GRRR
PSN K-lub84
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eb4Nxhss-3c

User Info: DarcKage

DarcKage
4 years ago#48
x7forgotten posted...

This works a lot better than TC's method, which also works but it's very tedious/time consuming and I only pulled it off once.

With this method though, I can get off 4 to 5 Thunderstorms on the Honky-Tonker/Bedraggle. I just did this and got a golden glim again on Bedraggle, I'm now at 5 Scrolls and 4 Kaleidostones. And if you dont get a golden glim after those Thunderstorms, you just Mug them and move on if you dont get the item.
Currently playing: Valkyria Chronicles, League of Legends, Dark Souls, Ni no Kuni
Waiting for: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, Fire Emblem Awakening, Pokemon X/Y

User Info: Dbarr74

Dbarr74
4 years ago#49
DarcKage posted...
x7forgotten posted...

This works a lot better than TC's method, which also works but it's very tedious/time consuming and I only pulled it off once.

With this method though, I can get off 4 to 5 Thunderstorms on the Honky-Tonker/Bedraggle. I just did this and got a golden glim again on Bedraggle, I'm now at 5 Scrolls and 4 Kaleidostones. And if you dont get a golden glim after those Thunderstorms, you just Mug them and move on if you dont get the item.

I had much better luck using Pulse than I did thunderstorm. I pulsed all the weaker mobs and saved the gold mobs for last. Had a much better success rate with it, but so far, the method makes farming these items really easy.
PSN= Dbarr74 XBox live= Dbarr74
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4M2q9F289WU

User Info: PandurBear

PandurBear
4 years ago#50
Dbarr74 posted...
DarcKage posted...
x7forgotten posted...

I had much better luck using Pulse than I did thunderstorm. I pulsed all the weaker mobs and saved the gold mobs for last. Had a much better success rate with it, but so far, the method makes farming these items really easy.

Agreed. I use Pulse (also a 100% chance to get "Nice!") which from my experience can be cast more times than thunderstorm in a fight. Just use it on off mobs till they die. If a gold glim doesn't drop then use it on the gold familiar without killing it. If a gold glim still doesn't drop, switch to Swaine and just mugshot, kill and continue.
  1. Boards
  2. Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch
  3. How-To-Tutorial:Steal rarest items with 100% chance / Scroll of Truth, etc.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.