How-To-Tutorial:Steal rarest items with 100% chance / Scroll of Truth, etc.

#41Silfurbor_NeglaPosted 2/5/2013 3:12:20 PMmessage detail
Is it just me or do counter attacking is indeed have higher chance of gold glim drop compared to guarding enemeis skill?
---
Where is heaven? Above the sky, and below your feet.
#42Kaiser393Posted 2/5/2013 5:40:13 PMmessage detail
Try using Oliver's Thunderstorm, it gets a Nice on every enemy it hits and it isn't so strong that it kills them.
#43x7forgottenPosted 2/6/2013 1:03:30 AMmessage detail
Kaiser393 posted...
Try using Oliver's Thunderstorm, it gets a Nice on every enemy it hits and it isn't so strong that it kills them.

For as far as 'Scroll of Truth' items go this was a good idea. Equip your weakest wand and gear. Once in a battle hit SQUARE to make everyone defend. Change everyone tactics to Do Nothing if not already. Then use Oliver's Thunderstorm repeatedly but do not kill it. If a Golden Glim drops before it gets low try and switch to Swaine to get it and steal the scroll. If not, then try mugshot and finish it off. Got all 5 within an hour and that seems to be pretty good based on stories I've heard from others.
#44MeteoritesPosted 2/6/2013 12:00:17 PMmessage detail
I waited so long for the stupid glim to show up just to have the AI steal it from me. Not such a useful "trick" and not worthy of a sticky.
#45EgHeadFoolPosted 2/7/2013 1:16:47 AMmessage detail
x7forgotten posted...
Kaiser393 posted...

For as far as 'Scroll of Truth' items go this was a good idea. Equip your weakest wand and gear. Once in a battle hit SQUARE to make everyone defend. Change everyone tactics to Do Nothing if not already. Then use Oliver's Thunderstorm repeatedly but do not kill it. If a Golden Glim drops before it gets low try and switch to Swaine to get it and steal the scroll. If not, then try mugshot and finish it off. Got all 5 within an hour and that seems to be pretty good based on stories I've heard from others.

I played around with this today. I have yet to actually get a gold glim using it. It's either from random defend or, what seems most frequent, is right after he casts love-struck. I got 3 scrolls in about 30 minutes but only one was a gold glim steal and it was in spite of all my failed Thunderstorm efforts. I can get 3-4 of them off before he's in danger of dying.
#46SaintHero666Posted 2/7/2013 2:47:11 PMmessage detail
Thanks, TC. This is super useful.
#47Orson1984Posted 2/8/2013 1:53:42 AMmessage detail
Man I must have some serious bad luck. I've sat in a battle for 40 minutes trying this and not once did it give me a gold glim.

I wait 20 minutes now for the last 2 days, still haven't seen 1 gold glim from blocking. A bunch a blues and greens. I've tried switching difficulty but nothing.

So i have just been stealing and getting the stone and scrolls.

I hate those scrolls 1 compared to my nine Stones. GRRR
---
PSN K-lub84
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eb4Nxhss-3c
#48DarcKagePosted 2/8/2013 5:51:59 AMmessage detail
x7forgotten posted...

This works a lot better than TC's method, which also works but it's very tedious/time consuming and I only pulled it off once.

With this method though, I can get off 4 to 5 Thunderstorms on the Honky-Tonker/Bedraggle. I just did this and got a golden glim again on Bedraggle, I'm now at 5 Scrolls and 4 Kaleidostones. And if you dont get a golden glim after those Thunderstorms, you just Mug them and move on if you dont get the item.
---
Currently playing: Valkyria Chronicles, League of Legends, Dark Souls, Ni no Kuni
Waiting for: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, Fire Emblem Awakening, Pokemon X/Y
#49Dbarr74Posted 2/8/2013 2:18:58 PMmessage detail
DarcKage posted...
x7forgotten posted...

This works a lot better than TC's method, which also works but it's very tedious/time consuming and I only pulled it off once.

With this method though, I can get off 4 to 5 Thunderstorms on the Honky-Tonker/Bedraggle. I just did this and got a golden glim again on Bedraggle, I'm now at 5 Scrolls and 4 Kaleidostones. And if you dont get a golden glim after those Thunderstorms, you just Mug them and move on if you dont get the item.

I had much better luck using Pulse than I did thunderstorm. I pulsed all the weaker mobs and saved the gold mobs for last. Had a much better success rate with it, but so far, the method makes farming these items really easy.
---
PSN= Dbarr74 XBox live= Dbarr74
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4M2q9F289WU
#50PandurBearPosted 2/8/2013 5:50:57 PMmessage detail
Dbarr74 posted...
DarcKage posted...
x7forgotten posted...

I had much better luck using Pulse than I did thunderstorm. I pulsed all the weaker mobs and saved the gold mobs for last. Had a much better success rate with it, but so far, the method makes farming these items really easy.

Agreed. I use Pulse (also a 100% chance to get "Nice!") which from my experience can be cast more times than thunderstorm in a fight. Just use it on off mobs till they die. If a gold glim doesn't drop then use it on the gold familiar without killing it. If a gold glim still doesn't drop, switch to Swaine and just mugshot, kill and continue.