How-To-Tutorial:Steal rarest items with 100% chance / Scroll of Truth, etc.

#51KikuichimonjiPosted 2/8/2013 10:04:28 PMmessage detail
If you can cast Pulse more times in a battle, don't you also get more Nice's per cast of Thunderstorm? Anyway, I now use a mix of both abilities accordingly and saw a frequent appearance of golden glims. I feel no need to even use Badges of Impurity. Confusion affection rate seemed to be low in my case. Even when one of mine gets affected, it falls off within a couple seconds.
---
There's no point telling stupid people that they're stupid. They're too stupid to know that they're stupid. Wasted effort.
#52PandurBearPosted 2/8/2013 10:39:10 PMmessage detail
At first, I only used pulse because I knew about the guaranteed Nice! it gave. Learned about the thunderstorm thing and did some experimenting with the golden Honky-Tonkers. Usually i would kill every monster (except for the H-T) with only a single thunderstorm. When using Pulse individually I could get about 2 off on each monster (3 if I'm lucky) and 4-5 Pulses on the gold H-T.

Take that into consideration for a 3 familiar encounter including a golden H-T:

- One thunderstorm gives 3 Nice! hits (maybe if you're weak enough and need a second cast, you get 6) and kills all except the H-T and maybe you can get a pulse in there without killing it so 4 (7 using two thunderstorms) chances at a gold glim just for that fight.

- Individual pulses can get 8-9 Nice! hits across all familiars so 8-9 chances at a gold glim per fight.

Using only pulse might take just a little more time than using only thunderstorm but either way, both these spell's methods on multiple encounters take a considerable less amount of time than defending a Honky-Tonker's Body Blast for half an hour (or more) for just one fight hoping you get a glim from a defensive Nice!.
#53link_15Posted 2/9/2013 9:40:22 AMmessage detail
Someone please tell me how does tc have that much magic points for Swaine and Esther in the video. Is there an item/weapon that doubles you magic or something?!
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerGuides 1.10
#54yorukamiPosted 2/9/2013 10:54:11 AMmessage detail
off:

check my post about golden toko(i tamed) and you can his stat.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/998014-ni-no-kuni-wrath-of-the-white-witch/65408051
#55Orson1984Posted 2/9/2013 1:45:38 PMmessage detail
link_15 posted...
Someone please tell me how does tc have that much magic points for Swaine and Esther in the video. Is there an item/weapon that doubles you magic or something?!

Wheres the image your talking about???
---
PSN K-lub84
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eb4Nxhss-3c
#56PandurBearPosted 2/9/2013 4:32:44 PMmessage detail
Orson1984 posted...
link_15 posted...

Wheres the image your talking about???

Probably saw it in the YouTube video linked in TCs post.
#57link_15Posted 2/9/2013 10:02:36 PMmessage detail
Yeah its on the video. You can see that his swaine and Esther got even more mp than Oliver O_o
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerGuides 1.10
#58EgHeadFoolPosted 2/10/2013 2:36:17 AMmessage detail
link_15 posted...
Yeah its on the video. You can see that his swaine and Esther got even more mp than Oliver O_o

It's impossible. Hacked save probably.
#59jungledeevaPosted 2/10/2013 12:40:30 PMmessage detail
Thank you Split Infinity!! :)
---
Best Friend Tabitha's best friend.
My baby girl was born January 8th 2012!! She is amazing <3
#60liquiddeath21Posted 2/10/2013 7:50:07 PMmessage detail
I'm sure this has already been said, but..

It's alot quicker to just equip your weakest wand on oliver, set esther and swain to do nothing tactic, then spam thunderstorm (automatic nice). If you get a gold glim to drop, go grab it with swain and use his miracle move. If you don't get a gold glim to drop before you kill the honky-tonker, just mugshot and go find another one.
---
PSN: iyaoyas21
....NISA, SideQuestStudios, Xseed, Atlus...