How-To-Tutorial:Steal rarest items with 100% chance / Scroll of Truth, etc.

#61quakernautic2Posted 2/11/2013 11:45:20 AMmessage detail
what about doing the thunderstorm strategy with a low MATK familiar? that way it will take even longer to kill the mobs and giving you more time to get golden glims
---
http://www.yourgamercards.net/trophy/a/QUAKeR---.png
#62karatPosted 2/11/2013 8:04:02 PMmessage detail
dudeitscool posted...
My problem isn't the drop rates, it is the spawn rates of all the gold creatures. If they can't spawn I can't steal.

Go to the middle save point. Go E, then N into the dark area. Cross the Bridge. At the junction, take the left (western) branch. At the next split, go N across the bridge. In the room there is a mob. I have always gotten a Honkey-Tonker in that battle. They're also common in other battles in that left branch. I haven't had any trouble getting them to spawn.

After failing to generate a gold glim in an hour, I decided to steal normally. 3 in 15 minutes so far. It would have been 10 minutes, but I spent 5 minutes casting thunderstorm to no avail.
#63ssufurjinPosted 2/12/2013 10:26:45 AMmessage detail
quakernautic2 posted...
what about doing the thunderstorm strategy with a low MATK familiar? that way it will take even longer to kill the mobs and giving you more time to get golden glims

I tried this but the thunderstorm the familiars have and the one the characters have are two different spells. The one the familiars have is the lightning bolt in the sky that disperses. It doesn't get you a "nice". I tried this with my unmaxed clinketyclank DX which learns tons of lightning moves.

Furthermore I've gotten 0 glims using TC's method. Not saying that it doesn't work, but I haven't gotten much luck at all doing this. Too much luck involved with 0 return. I recommend maxing a few dinos and just farming the Guardian of the World. You get a pretty decent chance (20%?) to get the scroll each time, and if he doesn't drop it you get a chance to get other rare items. Plus you get a good chunk of xp to evolve or min/max familiars (good for those trying to collect the 250 tamed trophy)
#64MatrinkaPosted 2/12/2013 3:15:58 PMmessage detail
srhdt posted...
Is there a trick to getting gold glims to drop? I tried this method and waited 20+ minutes in a battle, 5-6 different times waiting for a gold glim that never appeared.

I came to ask the same thing. Its been about 45 minutes of defending and I'm lucky to even get a green/blue glim. I've filled up almost all my stamp cards (I just need the last reward, to get HP from walking), and still am not seeing any golden glims. Is guard the same thing as defend? Or do I need to use a familiar for that ability?
#65Silfurbor_NeglaPosted 2/12/2013 4:50:58 PMmessage detail
Matrinka posted...
srhdt posted...
Is there a trick to getting gold glims to drop? I tried this method and waited 20+ minutes in a battle, 5-6 different times waiting for a gold glim that never appeared.

I came to ask the same thing. Its been about 45 minutes of defending and I'm lucky to even get a green/blue glim. I've filled up almost all my stamp cards (I just need the last reward, to get HP from walking), and still am not seeing any golden glims. Is guard the same thing as defend? Or do I need to use a familiar for that ability?

Each time you get "nice", there will be a chance for the gold glim to drop

You will get "nice" each time you guard/defend enemies trick (main character guard work just fine), so if the enemies rarely do trick you will need to wait for a long time, and yes the chance of gold glim drop is very low, it can take 15-30 min for the gold glim (or longer depend on your luck)

Personally I do counter attacking with oliver weakest wand to get the "nice", not as boring as guarding and it seem the chance of gold glim drop is higher
You can also try the thunderstorm/pulse method mentioned above to get the "nice" (I never have luck with them, they died before the gold glim appear)

Or just mugshot them directly, the rare steal chance is like ~25% from my experience, it might be faster that way (especially for golden honky since their spwan rate is quite high)

And if you do guard/defend method, dont put any familiar on the party member (or manually unsummon their familiar by switching character), and set their tactic to "dont do anything", this way they will permanently on guard state all the time (no need to order all out defense), they will only move when their hp/mp is low to get some glim
---
Where is heaven? Above the sky, and below your feet.
#66king_ericPosted 2/17/2013 12:17:57 PMmessage detail
im sorry but this method works no better time wise as just fighting normal.
#67LuBu1975Posted 2/18/2013 5:30:44 AMmessage detail
I checked this post out before going for these items but in my experience this method is totally unnecessary and actually takes longer than just stealing normally. It's flawed cos sometimes you wait 10+ minutes and still no gold glim appears. It only took me a couple of hours to get all 10 items (some of which was wasted trying this).

For any trophy hunters here you only need these 10 items to get the trophy. All others requiring any of the 7 rare items can be avoided in favour of regular item mixes. Also while you are farming in Glittering Grotto steal 2 Dragonstone rings from Sasquishes (i had to return for em).
---
Playing: Ni No Kuni.
Reading: ASoIaF (again).
#68psttitiPosted 2/22/2013 5:32:35 AMmessage detail
It take forever to have the gold glim appear. Is this the already best method?
#69AceviperPosted 2/22/2013 3:26:15 PMmessage detail
psttiti posted...
It take forever to have the gold glim appear. Is this the already best method?

this method is probably the worst method actually

best method is to thunderstorm/pulse with the weakest wand until you are 1 cast away from killing them. If any gold glims drop, great

if not, just mugshot and move on to the next battle and repeat
---
If gameshark wasn't invented... games wont be as popular anymore
-Someone
#70KOTRwhoopsPosted 2/24/2013 7:43:36 AMmessage detail
Even though Split is a JRPG FAQ legend on this site (which is probably why this was stickied so quickly) this is a poor method for this particular task.

The best way is to just steal and use tricks that won't kill the enemies but spit out glims and maybe a gold glim. Defending for up to 20 minutes upwards each battle is tedium to the max and it takes a while to setup.

It took me less than 3 hours using my method to get my 5 scrolls and 5 Kalidestones.
---
PLAYING - Minecraft (360), DmC (PC), ZombiU (WU), Ni No Kuni (PS3)
MOST WANTED - THE PLAYSTATION 4, FFvsXIII, GTAV, Lightning Returns