Just got the Dragon! Any Farming areas?

#1EvilxBunny209Posted 2/3/2013 9:17:35 PM
I just got my dragon! Are there any good exp/guildar farming areas that I can access right now? My average level is about 25.
---
PSN ID: EheaubautBace
#2Mint_mooglePosted 2/3/2013 9:21:00 PM
Can't think of any but you can grind for a Dino and own the rest of the game.
---
PSN Drmoogle. RPG fans should check out Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch
#3pokemon_45_79_1Posted 2/3/2013 9:21:52 PM
---

I have owned this game without one so you really don't need one that badly, can be done without one.
---
Ryoma / Sora / Naruto / Luffy / Ginta
Young heroes between the ages of 12-17 make RPG and other video games better then older heroes 18-21 and over.
#4otakon2006Posted 2/3/2013 9:39:09 PM
Ugly Duckling Island has Toko, it's a small greenish looking Nymphae that can run in the mobs there(Mite, Tumblemur and Seed Sprite) or appear by itself. There are four spawns on the island at one time, and it's accessible by boat as well. Each Toko you kill will net you 2,000 experience or so along with the regular mobs there.

As for directions, it's a small island northeast of the beginning continent, to the right of the two other islands north of the Ding Dong Dell continent. Plus, if you bring up the map it'll clearly say "Ugly Duckling Island", so that helps. The mobs are tough, they'll charge you regardless of level and you'll take a quite a bit of physical damage from the Mite's "Cut Loose" skill and the Tumblemur just attacking if your defense is 100 or lower. If you have one of decent level (15-20 or so) Danglerfish make excellent Toko killers before you get a hold of Dinoceros.

Getting them to appear can be tricky, you can just kill mobs and they'll randomly pop up OR you can use the Gateway spell to reset the mobs on the island. Just cast Gateway while on the island(I recommend standing on the beach, near the middle of it to avoid getting ambushed or scaring the Toko's). Then, cast it again to reappear on the island with freshly spawned mobs. A Toko should appear on the eastern arm of the island eventually. The whole trick takes about a minute to do.

Toko's will usually try to run away, both in battle and on the map. Best bet is to sneak up on them and you'll either need to concentrate fire on them or take them out using strong 'Point' skills like 'Phantom Fangs' which as far as I've seen has no range limit.

To put it in perspective, I started farming the area at level 30 and am now level 52 with Oliver after only 3 hours or so. I hope this helps some, good luck TC.
#5GameGuy777Posted 2/3/2013 9:41:13 PM
Ugly Duckling Island has Toko, it's a small greenish looking Nymphae that can run in the mobs there(Mite, Tumblemur and Seed Sprite) or appear by itself. There are four spawns on the island at one time, and it's accessible by boat as well. Each Toko you kill will net you 2,000 experience or so along with the regular mobs there.

As for directions, it's a small island northeast of the beginning continent, to the right of the two other islands north of the Ding Dong Dell continent. Plus, if you bring up the map it'll clearly say "Ugly Duckling Island", so that helps. The mobs are tough, they'll charge you regardless of level and you'll take a quite a bit of physical damage from the Mite's "Cut Loose" skill and the Tumblemur just attacking if your defense is 100 or lower. If you have one of decent level (15-20 or so) Danglerfish make excellent Toko killers before you get a hold of Dinoceros.

Getting them to appear can be tricky, you can just kill mobs and they'll randomly pop up OR you can use the Gateway spell to reset the mobs on the island. Just cast Gateway while on the island(I recommend standing on the beach, near the middle of it to avoid getting ambushed or scaring the Toko's). Then, cast it again to reappear on the island with freshly spawned mobs. A Toko should appear on the eastern arm of the island eventually. The whole trick takes about a minute to do.

Toko's will usually try to run away, both in battle and on the map. Best bet is to sneak up on them and you'll either need to concentrate fire on them or take them out using strong 'Point' skills like 'Phantom Fangs' which as far as I've seen has no range limit.

To put it in perspective, I started farming the area at level 30 and am now level 52 with Oliver after only 3 hours or so. I hope this helps some, good luck TC.

By the time you get Tengri 2,000 XP is a joke. I did Toko's as soon as I got the boat. And I still never caught one...

---
http://i959.photobucket.com/albums/ae71/FenriSensei/Tags/Gameguy777.png
#6otakon2006Posted 2/3/2013 9:49:50 PM
GameGuy777 posted...

By the time you get Tengri 2,000 XP is a joke. I did Toko's as soon as I got the boat. And I still never caught one...

Really? Odd, I'm not there yet(I know from the trailers we got a dragon, so no surprise there) but from wandering around the world sitting around level 45 or so the mobs didn't run from me in a couple of places I could get to besides the next story point and only offered around 300-400 per fight at best from what I remember. Unless of course you can get a hold of the next variation of Toko with this Tengri available. How many did you kill by the way? I managed to get one after about 35 or so.
#7GameGuy777Posted 2/3/2013 9:56:58 PM
Really? Odd, I'm not there yet(I know from the trailers we got a dragon, so no surprise there) but from wandering around the world sitting around level 45 or so the mobs didn't run from me in a couple of places I could get to besides the next story point and only offered around 300-400 per fight at best from what I remember. Unless of course you can get a hold of the next variation of Toko with this Tengri available. How many did you kill by the way? I managed to get one after about 35 or so.

Well I mean the experience is nice, but Toko's are a pretty rare spawn, and by the time you have Tengri you can get 2000 experience in a matter of a few minutes. Plus the second stage of Toko is available after getting Tengri.

And I lost count of how many I killed. Probably 25 or so. I stopped because I didn't want to roflstomp the entire game, which I'm doing anyway. I went from 23 to 33 while fighting Toko.

---
http://i959.photobucket.com/albums/ae71/FenriSensei/Tags/Gameguy777.png
#8Mint_mooglePosted 2/3/2013 9:58:45 PM
pokemon_45_79_1 posted...
---

I have owned this game without one so you really don't need one that badly, can be done without one.

Never said Dino was the only one that could own the game. Naja, Mono, Buncher's and a ton of early game monster's let you steamroll through everything without thinking.

Dino is just the fave, that everyone seems to want to have.
---
#9EvilxBunny209(Topic Creator)Posted 2/3/2013 10:00:34 PM
Ill probably go farm some tokos. Where can I find Dino's at? Ive heard a LOT about them, and now Im interested in one.
---
PSN ID: EheaubautBace
#10jackstar_rockPosted 2/3/2013 10:16:32 PM
Dinos spawn on the cliffs on top of Temple of Trials. There's also a lone spawn on the hills that's NW of Castaway Cove.

As for farming tokotokos @ the path leading to Perdida, I would suggest not doing it so soon. You can enter Perdida, but you can't explore the town yet and thus you have no access to the Veil spell. I have farmed tokotokos with and without the Veil spell, and it makes a whole world of difference in terms of efficiency. I'll explain.

The whole stretch leading to Perdida has roughly 8~10 spawns, and any one of these can be a tototoko. Without Veil and just right after you get the dragon, if you have been evolving your familiars they might in their tier 2/3's teens or 20s. That means the monsters at Perdida will aggro you and your party might not be able to handle it. 2nd, the tokotokos will run away on sight if they spot you. You can sneak up on them, but if you're avoiding the normal mobs while attempting to sneak on a tokotoko, that's an additional layer of challenge to complicate matters.

The Veil spell solves both these problems since it masks your presence. All you have to do is to run down the path, cast Gateway and back > Veil to reset the mobs, and run up to Perdidia, repeat. You're also maximizing the chances of getting a tokotoko to show up since you're using all 8~10 possible spawns to try your hand at getting one.