Which do you prefer, the Japanese or English voice acting?

#21Sephiroth C RyuPosted 2/4/2013 11:40:28 AM
English in this game is actually pretty good from what I see so far. Even Oliver isn't TOO bad, and half the issue people seem to have with him seems to stem from his frequent use of terms that faded out after the 50s (Jeepers!), which actually does fit him for the time period it takes place in.
---
I am the Hunter of Topics. My post never fails to kill its prey.
*pounces* Nyaa!
#22SoulEaterTedPosted 2/7/2013 9:57:08 AM
Hi guys I was thinking of getting this game and I saw this topic,
so the game lets you choose whether you want to play with English OR Japanese voice acting? The whole game is still in english text right?
---
You mean the twilit road to nightfall?
No...The road to dawn.
#23Alucard_FoNPosted 2/7/2013 10:00:23 AM
I don't know. I meant to try both and started with Japanese and now I'm stuck with it because changing means having to do some uninstall/reinstall crap, waaaaaay too lazy to bother.
#24Thanatos2kPosted 2/7/2013 10:00:45 AM
English, because of Drippy.
---
-Thanatos2k-
#25DarcKagePosted 2/7/2013 10:02:40 AM
SoulEaterTed posted...
so the game lets you choose whether you want to play with English OR Japanese voice acting? The whole game is still in english text right?

Yep.
---
Currently playing: Valkyria Chronicles, League of Legends, Dota 2, Dark Souls
Waiting for: Ni no Kuni, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, Fire Emblem Awakening
#26SoulEaterTedPosted 2/7/2013 10:05:14 AM
DarcKage posted...
SoulEaterTed posted...

Yep.

awesome. thanks!
---
You mean the twilit road to nightfall?
No...The road to dawn.
#27KeitaroYevonPosted 2/9/2013 4:55:04 PM
I've been playing the game in English so far. Maybe my next playthrough I'll use the JPN voice option. I heard a bit in the opening video on youtube. It's not too bad. Drippy will be the hardest to get used to after listening to his Welsh accent all this time.
---
Nintendo ID: EvanKing
3DS Code: Evan King 2406-5128-9341
#28roughdraft11220Posted 2/9/2013 5:11:19 PM
Japanese.

I'm fluent in both languages. I started out with English and it was fine until battle cries of Oliver. It annoyed me, so I switched.
I don't like the fact that the menu/text names and the cutscene voiced names of characters are different.