any 'older' gamers playing this?

#61Lunarknight2001Posted 2/4/2013 12:30:16 PM
I'm 30 years old and I enjoyed the game(beat it and now am working on the post game content). If you think it is a kiddie game based on the art style,then you are just hurting yourself. It works with the art to create a beautiful looking world and characters.
The story is somewhat simple and the plot twists aren't going to be a big surprise for most RPG fans, but the way they play it out is done so well that you don't mind and actually enjoy that it such a simple story.
The combat is done very well and I enjoy building up my familiars.

If you enjoyed the old school RPGs,then you will have a great time with this game.
---
GT/PSN: Knightstar2010
Dragon's Dogma Pawn: Triss
#62nimerjm37Posted 2/4/2013 12:31:40 PM
32 here and loving the game.

I think it could be argued that gamers who enjoy this type of game are the "mature" ones, whereas younger gamers only seem to be concerned with violence, bloodspray and playing the games that are clearly marked as not for them.

Sweet lord I hate the underaged (gamers < 21).
---
Never, EVER order ANYTHING from ConsoleSource.com. EVER. You have been warned.
#63locutus442Posted 2/4/2013 1:12:21 PM
43 years old here, and thoroughly enjoying it.
---
xbl gamertag: Locutus441
psn id: locutus442
#64skp_16Posted 2/4/2013 3:00:49 PM
I'm 26, so far clocked 55 hours, I hope the game won't end!
#65rezzahPosted 2/4/2013 3:01:40 PM
21, 35 hours.
---
PSN:Crawling_Chaos
I own a Vita too.
#66quessemithrilPosted 2/4/2013 5:15:27 PM
38 and I while I am frustrated with the battle system and AI, I really like a lot of aspects of the game.

Certain parts are darker than others but mostly I can play this with my kids (ages 3-7). Its tough being an older gamer with young kids. I can only play games in the day that I can play around them - if I want to play FPS or even more adultish RPG I have to wait until they are in bed. :/ Its been an adjustment. I can't even play Metal Gear Solid or Res Evil on my 3DS. Which is fine I usually play Mario Sticker Star or Pushmo or Zelda.

My kids really like watching me play and they are super into it. Its been one of the best console RPGs I've played in a long time. PS3/xbox hasn't had too many this generation, so its refreshing.
#67Jaron64Posted 2/4/2013 6:30:34 PM
30 here and this game is exactly what the doctor ordered. the last game of this magnitude for me was Lost Odyssey (also very old school except graphics). In fact, LO turned out to be my favorite game of all time...nothing can beat it even Kuni. :D
#68littlecletusPosted 2/4/2013 7:08:47 PM
40 years old....turn 41 next Tuesday and looks like I am getting a Draggle.
I am loving the GAME....not so much the story. Or I should say the story telling.
But I am loving the game aspect. I dig the grind...so this game is delivering on that for me.
---
Are you a bug, Bill Murray?
#69johanleePosted 2/4/2013 7:20:12 PM
36 here, flippin tidy mun
#70EmeraldMossPosted 2/4/2013 7:23:25 PM
I'm 33, and I'm enjoying the game immensely. It's hardly the greatest game I've ever played, but it's a fun and enjoyable play so far. That being said, I always tend to enjoy games for what they are and I never nitpick about the little flaws or grievances I have with a game.

I purchase and play games in order to have fun. Fretting over everything that I don't like about a game would defeat that whole purpose. Besides, there's very little I don't like about Ni no Kuni, anyway. It's fun and it keeps me playing. That's all that matters.

I've never once felt the game was "childish" or "kiddie" like everyone tends to say. There are a lot of games that have main characters between the ages of 10 and 13. That doesn't mean it's specifically designed to cater towards that age group. It just means the main character is a child. I've always been of the mindset that "games are for anyone", not "games are for kids" or the like. (with the obvious exception of M and A/O rated games)
---
-Insert witty quote here-