Does anybody NOT like this game?

#1e503lifePosted 2/4/2013 11:05:11 AM
I'm only about 10 hours into it, been doing all sorts of sidequests and bounties and I must say, this game is a masterpeice. I feel as though as it takes all the amazing and unique qualities of the other classic games (not just rpgs) and made one godlike orgy that we know as Ni no kuni.

I find it hard to believe that there are any haters out there. Other than COD fanboys who are like "You don't even shoot anybody!" "Where's the killstreaks?" Stupid stuff like that.

Does anyone not enjoy this game? If so why not?
#2johnbleuPosted 2/4/2013 11:06:13 AM
I can think of someone on the boards who does't like this game.

We dare not speak his name... VanilleHopen
---
Currently playing: Persona 4 Golden, Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch
#3bob15xPosted 2/4/2013 11:12:03 AM(edited)
I think it is ok. A masterpiece, not even close. If I was to give it a score I would say 75-80.

I just feel there is too much grinding and not enough substance. You really need to spend a lot of time grinding levels on your familiars to get high level ones you want. Sometimes it feels like you are starting over.

I find this really breaks up the momentum of the game. I am about 25 hours into the game and it feels like I did not do much compared to other rpgs.

I bet half those hours were leveling up different familiars.

I would like to see the level not start at 1 when doing a metamorphosis. Maybe for the first change they start at level 10 and final form they start at level 20. That way you can have more selection at end of the game and not have to grind them up as much.
#4Devil_GearPosted 2/4/2013 11:11:18 AM
I can say that this is the first game I've played in two years in which I actually had the will and desire to play through the game and see all it had to deliver. Every other game before this, I actually had to force myself to play through to the end.
---
"Treat your cardboard box with care. Take care of the box and it will take care of you."- Solid Snake
#5Alias_NemesisPosted 2/4/2013 11:13:39 AM
i've played "IMO" better jRPGs but this game is definitely a 9.0/10 in my books!

The reason why its NOT higher scored than 9.0 "IN MY FRIKKIN OPINION" is that there's a lot of texts without voices. The voice cast is super. Waste they dont talk much.
---
PSN = Dudecough {Now Playing: Ni No Kuni & Persona 4:G}
http://i.imgur.com/Ui84Q.gif%5D - http://thebest404pageever.com/swf/Super_Spice_Bros_64.swf
#6Thanatos2kPosted 2/4/2013 11:16:36 AM
The FF13 trolls/lovers don't like this game. That's about it.

But they're people no one listens to anyways.
---
-Thanatos2k-
#7gwoodtamuPosted 2/4/2013 11:19:59 AM
Thanatos2k posted...
The FF13 trolls/lovers don't like this game. That's about it.

But they're people no one listens to anyways.

I love FFXIII,

and I love this game,

what does that make me?
#8DboyC83Posted 2/4/2013 11:22:32 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#9Pnut4kPosted 2/4/2013 11:27:52 AM
I don't enjoy this game at all. Not because it's all 'morals and values' and childish to the very bone. Mind you I'm about 30 hours into the game, just finished Hamelin;

It was fine in the beginning, but it feels like this whole game you're just being held by the hand and guided through everything. I had to turn off that guiding star because it was annoying me by clearly telling me where to go even when I was supposed to go find something.
But now I'm at a point that doing those sidequests where you have to take emotion X to person Y really gets on my nerves. I don't care that every town has tons of them, but the fact that you find what you need in the SAME town (minor exceptions), sometimes even right next to the person you take the quest from. And to make it even more annoying, you go through a wall of text but you only need that 1 red word after which Mr.Drippy has to confirm for a second time what you need. Then the person you take it from has another wall of text which ends with Mr.Drippy telling me to hurry up and use 'Take Heart' (like I don't know after doing it a thousand times), go to the questgiver but you can't just use 'Give Heart' no no no, talk to the NPC so Mr.Drippy can b*tch at me again to use 'Give Heart'.. C'mon man. Enough already!
Same with boss battles, I don't want you to tell me his weakpoint.

I hope they do more stuff like with Horace, although he also tells you which page to read. Makes me feel like I'm not even putting any effort into this game.

Other than that, the rest of the game is just mediocre to me. Combat is fine, but gets boring quick since the only real challenges are Bounty Hunts or bosses. Do love the art, especially the overworld. But I am kind of a Ghibli fanboy, so I expected nothing less.

TL;DR
Stop holding my hand through this game and let me figure stuff out for myself!
#10xphoenixonxPosted 2/4/2013 11:28:36 AM
I got this game this morning 11 it's now half 6 and I haven't even stopped to pee I fricken love it I'm at temple of trails ATM in the wits area
---
GT-Jake Muller91, PS3 X0XNixonX0X
Ni no kuni is the boyo.