Familiarologist trophy

#1minidanthemanPosted 2/4/2013 2:09:42 PM
i have seen different places say different things so wondering if any one knew for sure! for Familiarologist trophy dose it have to be 250 different types or could they all be the same and still count??? thanks in advance :D
#2_Ultimate_Sora_Posted 2/4/2013 2:14:48 PM
I would assume its 250 different types. If you check familiars under the telling stone theres a number of how many you've tamed
---
3DS FC: 3566-2649-5921
BW FC: 3052-7834-7144 | BW2 FC: 4599-7286-8201
#3minidantheman(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2013 2:23:06 PM
ahh that's where that is :D cheers!!! well 7 down then :P lol i want to catch as much as i can but if i got a couple the same would be nice if it counted !
#4liquiddeath21Posted 2/4/2013 2:24:42 PM
Its easier to get a couple of the first form famliars and morph to both the finals that to try and spend time catching all the 3rd tiers
---
PSN: iyaoyas21
....NISA, SideQuestStudios, Xseed, Atlus...
#5KikuichimonjiPosted 2/5/2013 7:20:24 PM(edited)
Just going to bump and borrow this topic instead of making a new one.

I'm about to have a take on this trophy. Stats say I have around 100 species already. I have 70 fresh familiars sitting in the stable, all different types. Nearly all of them are tier 1 or 2.

What would be a quicker way for me to earn this trophy at my current state? Catch the remaining 150 species or grind on Tokos for exp to level up/morph the 70 familiars I have and trying to make up for 150 species? (all my main attackers and characters are level capped, so farming anything isn't an issue).
---
There's no point telling stupid people that they're stupid. They're too stupid to know that they're stupid. Wasted effort.
#6TevrenPosted 2/5/2013 7:26:19 PM(edited)
Finishing this up now. Here's what I've been doing.

I round up between 9 and 12 familiars I can evolve, preferrably multiple times, or 2 of one family to get all 4. Then I do Tokotokolds to evolve them, swapping out 3rd forms for others Marcassin's party and reserve as needed. When all are tier 3, run to final save stone, drop off, reload on familiars, and repeat.

It goes fairly quickly, provided you have enough to keep cycling. Stopped for the night as I need to go farm up a few more species.
---
PSN: Tarqosis
#7johnbleuPosted 2/5/2013 7:30:18 PM
Tevren posted...
Finishing this up now. Here's what I've been doing.

I round up between 9 and 12 familiars I can evolve, preferrably multiple times, or 2 of one family to get all 4. Then I do Tokotokolds to evolve them, swapping out 3rd forms for others Marcassin's party and reserve as needed. When all are tier 3, run to final save stone, drop off, reload on familiars, and repeat.

It goes fairly quickly, provided you have enough to keep cycling. Stopped for the night as I need to go farm up a few more species.

Not to derail the topic, but there is a good place to consistently farm Tokocolds in postgame? I only ever saw 2 randomly during the final dungeon, and would like to farm them more reliably.
---
Currently playing: Persona 4 Golden, Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch
#8KikuichimonjiPosted 2/5/2013 7:40:40 PM(edited)
@Tevren Do you recall how many species you were at before you began this process? And how fast has it been progressing for you?

I may have to take a moment to filter out the familiars that I can use from my cluster of 70, since some of them can morph into something that's already counted towards my total value.

@john I don't think there really is. They run all over the place. I personally found them appearing the most often in the first area when you enter the final dungeon, take the right doorway. Or, in the very last hallway just before the final save point.
---
There's no point telling stupid people that they're stupid. They're too stupid to know that they're stupid. Wasted effort.
#9TevrenPosted 2/5/2013 8:03:00 PM
I use the final curving stretch in Ivory tower. From the save point down the arc, I had 2 pop, and another on the way back. Using Veil, you can simply run past everything, and fight only the Tokos.

When I started Familiaarologist, I was around 100 total. With 6 base forms, 2 per character, it went fairly quickly. I haven't been clocking it, but I've had to leave and farm some more familiars as well. You can farm Guardian as well for exp, he is a slower kill, and felt slower overall, despite being a static fight.
---
PSN: Tarqosis
#10Silfurbor_NeglaPosted 2/5/2013 8:04:36 PM
Tokotoko near perdida is the best grinding spot for me, its appear quite often compared to tokocold
---
Where is heaven? Above the sky, and below your feet.