2 questions, just answer by yes or no

#1skp_16Posted 2/4/2013 3:39:13 PM
1. Is it possible to claim all merits before the final boss?

2. Will I be able to go to the island covered with mist?
#2Happily NeuroticPosted 2/4/2013 3:39:38 PM
No

Yes
---
"I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's any evidence of thinking going on inside it." Terry Pratchett
#3skp_16(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2013 3:42:48 PM
Thanks! Now I have to think which merits to prioritize.
#4naarosPosted 2/4/2013 4:43:01 PM
I recommend getting the final merit before some of the other less useful ones (like regen HP while walking and reduce mp cost). The final merit award is fantastic - +100 MP and HP to Oliver (not a story spoiler) The Reduce MP cost one would be better if it helped more. D; I got Increased Chance of Familiar, Increased EXP, then the final one.
#5EgHeadFoolPosted 2/4/2013 4:50:02 PM(edited)
The order I got them in was increased catch rate (because that matters to me), increased rare drops, reduced casting cost, and then the final one. Recover HP while walking was the leftover useless reward.

I might be confusing one on the 3rd row with one on the second row... if so just swap them.
#6skp_16(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2013 4:53:03 PM
naaros posted...
I recommend getting the final merit before some of the other less useful ones (like regen HP while walking and reduce mp cost). The final merit award is fantastic - +100 MP and HP to Oliver (not a story spoiler) The Reduce MP cost one would be better if it helped more. D; I got Increased Chance of Familiar, Increased EXP, then the final one.

I already got that the final merit and increase catch rate.

So only four are remaining...more EXP, restore health while walking, increase drop rates, and reduce MP cost.

I will claim the reduce MP cost first (so that Esther's MP won't drain too quickly), followed by more EXP. Last one will be HP regen while walking.
#7Happily NeuroticPosted 2/5/2013 2:53:00 PM
skp_16 posted...
naaros posted...

I already got that the final merit and increase catch rate.

So only four are remaining...more EXP, restore health while walking, increase drop rates, and reduce MP cost.

I will claim the reduce MP cost first (so that Esther's MP won't drain too quickly), followed by more EXP. Last one will be HP regen while walking.

It only reduces it by 10%. Given the generally low cost of spells, it only reduces most spells cost by one or two points.
---
"I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's any evidence of thinking going on inside it." Terry Pratchett