Other JRPGs for PS3 (recommendations plz)

#1DaRq_MiNoSPosted 2/4/2013 8:23:37 PM
If a guy wanted to move on to other JRPGs from here would this be the basic list of good ones for PS3?

FF13
Tales of Vesperia
Tales of Graces f
Valkyria Chronicles
Resonance of Fate
Eternal Sonata

Any others? which would you recommend to start with?
#2westontickleePosted 2/4/2013 8:25:41 PM
FF13, Graces and Vesperia are the only correct answers. Why? Because I'm westonticklee. WESTONTICKLEE!!! What westonticklee says, goes
---
I come from the future
Claire "Lightning" Farron's best friend, maried to Ayesha Altugle, ex lover of Milla Maxwell
#3LeanaunfurledPosted 2/4/2013 8:26:01 PM
Vesperia is 360, unless you don't mind importing and know Japanese.

Atelier games
Disgaea
---
Not removing this sig until Bravely Default:Flying Fairy is localized.
http://i.imgur.com/atFfl36.png
#4KonstrixPosted 2/4/2013 8:26:19 PM
Some people didnt like it, but I thought Star Ocean 4 was an excellent game. The combat is very fresh and a lot of fun. Just make sure you set that audio to japanese lol
#5pruvmerongPosted 2/4/2013 8:28:51 PM
I'd recommend Nier. It's not a traditional JRPG. More of an action RPG, with a really good story and an amazing soundtrack.
---
http://steamcommunity.com/id/SxG-Polaris
GIGABYTE P55M-UD2 | Intel i5 750 | G.SKILL 4GB DDR3 1600 | Sapphire HD 6850 | WD Caviar Black | OCZ FATAL1TY 550W
#6kamikaze135Posted 2/4/2013 9:04:33 PM
Tales of Xilla is supposed to come out in the US before Summer. Xillia 2 is out in JP.
---
This is your life, and it's ending one minute at a time -Tyler Durden
#7ArcadianGenesisPosted 2/4/2013 9:12:24 PM
None. You have no real other options that come anywhere near the quality of NNK. It's sad, but true. The PS3 is no PS2, unfortunately...

And how can anyone say FF13? Ugh. If you play NNK and then play FF13, you'll hate it! It consists of running down hallways and fighting. That's pretty much it.
---
Ninety percent of life is just being there.
#8LeanaunfurledPosted 2/4/2013 9:19:09 PM
None. You have no real other options that come anywhere near the quality of NNK. It's sad, but true. The PS3 is no PS2, unfortunately...

And how can anyone say FF13? Ugh. If you play NNK and then play FF13, you'll hate it! It consists of running down hallways and fighting. That's pretty much it.

opinionz hao d0 dey workz?
---
Not removing this sig until Bravely Default:Flying Fairy is localized.
http://i.imgur.com/atFfl36.png
#9thefinaloraclePosted 2/4/2013 9:25:02 PM
Tales of Graces f has a whole bunch of content and extras to find in the game. However, don't go in expecting a good story because you won't. But the gameplay is fantastic. I really liked FF XIII and Eternal Sonata but many people disagree.
---
College takes away all of your time to play videogames :'(
Official Archer dude of the Agito XIII Board
#10JRPGPosted 2/4/2013 10:18:11 PM
I can easily recommend the atelier series. They have JRPG elements but play a bit differently at the same time.

Eternal sonata, star ocean 4 are also good.
Tales is fun as well but for some reason I couldn't fully get into graces. Maybe I have played too many tales games.

If you have an xbox definitely get lost odyssey.
FF13-2 is much better than 13 in my opinion. Really enjoyed that game a lot even though I didn't think much of 13. Cousin loves 13. Try both but it you hate 13 at least try 13-2 since it has different gameplay mechanics. I loved it.
---
PSN: Joerpg84
3DS: 2621-2720-6163