Other JRPGs for PS3 (recommendations plz)

#41westontickleePosted 2/5/2013 11:27:42 AM
Thanatos2k posted...
FF13, Graces and Vesperia are the only correct answers. Why? Because I'm westonticklee. WESTONTICKLEE!!! What westonticklee says, goes

But westonticklee suggested FF13 was not the steaming pile of trash that it really is.

So obviously westonticklee should be ignored.

Because it isn't a steaming pile of trash. what westonticklee says, goes. That is the rule and you must obey it
---
I come from the future
Claire "Lightning" Farron's best friend, maried to Ayesha Altugle, ex lover of Milla Maxwell
#42Guru_ClefPosted 2/5/2013 11:31:07 AM
Thanatos2k posted...
Guru_Clef posted...
No love for Hyperdimension Neptunia?? :( I know it's mindless fun, but fun nonetheless. It's truly a JRPG.

No love for one of the worst RPGs ever made? I wonder why?

I enjoyed it, I thought the battle system was crazy addictive. I've never heard of it being referred to as one of the worst RPGs ever made, so I apologize for that.
#43-BrokenSpiral-Posted 2/5/2013 11:39:17 AM
Guru_Clef posted...
I've never heard of it being referred to as one of the worst RPGs ever made,

Really?
#44ShibutoPosted 2/5/2013 11:42:48 AM
FF13, Graces and Vesperia are the only correct answers. Why? Because I'm westonticklee. WESTONTICKLEE!!! What westonticklee says, goes

lol wtf...

good one.
---
"I saw GAMEFAQs with faqs being spelled like faqs instead of facts I figured poor grammar to be welcomed" -MiKe345675
#45Thanatos2kPosted 2/5/2013 11:49:50 AM
Because it isn't a steaming pile of trash. what westonticklee says, goes. That is the rule and you must obey it

The FF13-lover clause of 2011 applies here, negating anything you say. I'm so, so sorry.

I enjoyed it, I thought the battle system was crazy addictive.

You mean crazy boring? Crazy repetitive? Poorly balanced? Because it was all of those.

I've never heard of it being referred to as one of the worst RPGs ever made, so I apologize for that.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-3/hyperdimension-neptunia

You won't find many lower.
---
-Thanatos2k-
#46PhadinPosted 2/5/2013 11:55:50 AM
I recommend Dragon's Dogma. The style and gameplay is more like a WRPG, but it is still a quality game and story, and developed by a Japanese developer (Capcom). If you don't have it yet, wait until April or so when they release the Dark Arisen update. The disk release of that will include the main game as well (kinda like when Persona 3 released the FES version.)
#47DaRq_MiNoS(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2013 12:06:46 PM
Phadin posted...
I recommend Dragon's Dogma. The style and gameplay is more like a WRPG, but it is still a quality game and story, and developed by a Japanese developer (Capcom). If you don't have it yet, wait until April or so when they release the Dark Arisen update. The disk release of that will include the main game as well (kinda like when Persona 3 released the FES version.)

I did play Dragon's Dogma for a week or two. Then I can't remember what caused me to quit, I think it either got annoying or frustrating. It was a good game, but I felt that Skyrim did the job much better.
#48Thanatos2kPosted 2/5/2013 12:11:14 PM
Dragon's Dogma is better than Skyrim. The combat is fun. In Skyrim....ehhhh....
---
-Thanatos2k-
#49westontickleePosted 2/5/2013 12:32:46 PM
Shibuto posted...

lol wtf...

good one.

Don't defy me!
---
I come from the future
Claire "Lightning" Farron's best friend, maried to Ayesha Altugle, ex lover of Milla Maxwell
#50RPG maniac87Posted 2/5/2013 12:32:55 PM
Made a list of the JRPGs I've finished from best to worst imo.
NIER
Tales of Graces f
Final Fantasy XIII
Record of Agarest War 2
Cross Edge
Atelier Rorona
Record of Agarest War
Star Ocean: The Last Hope International
Resonance of Fate
Atelier Meruru
Mugen Souls
Final Fantasy XIII-2
Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2
Record of Agarest War Zero
Eternal Sonata
Atelier Totori
White Knight Chronicles II
Hyperdimension Neptunia
Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch
Disgaea 4
Valkyria Chronicles
Rune Factory: Tides of Destiny
White Knight Chronicles
Trinity: Souls of Zill O'll
Last Rebellion
Disgaea 3
Enchanted Arms
Trinity Universe
---
You lack the mustache for full comprehension. (Super Paper Mario)