General advise needed.

#1SpungebobVsGodPosted 2/5/2013 2:23:26 AM
I have a 28hr save file, but I worried I spent to long levelling familiars that i no longer use and think I should start over.

I have stage 2 familiars but I made them Meta around level 20-25. Should I of let them level to a higher level?
#2jackstar_rockPosted 2/5/2013 2:29:33 AM(edited)
Are you hitting a wall? Any dungeon/boss giving you trouble? No? Continue using them. Yes? Let us know what boss/area you're having issues with and we'll help out. You have plenty of chances to back pedal once you get travel options via ship, spell and flight.

We can't really help much if we don't know which part of the story you're at. Some people get their ship after 30 hours, while others are already flying around wrapping up the last 4~5 dungeons.
#3SpungebobVsGod(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2013 2:45:45 AM
I have just got the Travel spell and I'm warping back to places doing side quests.

I think Oliver is around lv 30.

The Tank boss in Hamlin took me 2 attempts, but in the 2nd attempt I was running around hiding from him for most of it.

Oliver has - Cat familiar (2nd stage), Cobra (2nd stage), Teeny bopper (2nd stage)

Esther has - Gangler (2nd stage), Napcap (2nd stage), Crowhawk (2nd stage)

Swaine has - Skeleton (2nd stage), Lemar (2nd stage), Imphant (2nd stage)

I don't really know what familiars to get and how far to level them per transformation.
#4PaulkotsuPosted 2/5/2013 2:48:04 AM
max them out before you evolve them, bro
---
"Cemith's dick is a tyrant"
#5DDR MidianPosted 2/5/2013 2:48:54 AM
Personally, I would suggest letting them metamorphose whenever you're in a good position to start training up a lv1 again. The fact a game has optimum possibilities for stats doesn't mean you're supposed to go for them, just that math has limits. You can quite happily beat the game without going for "perfect" familiars.
---
GFAQs - Where anything is grounds for moderation, courtesy of selective wordplay.
XBL: DDR Midian / PSN: MidianGTX
#6tsukia8Posted 2/5/2013 2:54:46 AM
Theres 0 reason to start over since you can backtrack. Dont do that.
#7SpungebobVsGod(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2013 3:00:31 AM
OK I wont start over.

Should I try and catch my familiars again and not Meta them for a while?

The snake looks cool but has really weak defense for me.

And I read Napcap was good but so far hasn't done anything.

Also I like the skeleton because he is the biggest familiar I own and I don't like things looking small and weak :)
#8kyton007Posted 2/5/2013 3:03:45 AM
SpungebobVsGod posted...
I have a 28hr save file, but I worried I spent to long levelling familiars that i no longer use and think I should start over.

I have stage 2 familiars but I made them Meta around level 20-25. Should I of let them level to a higher level?

Source IGN:

Capture the following creatures early on, as they fit into the mid-game and late-game structure described below. You may consult your in-game Wizard's Companion for more details on each creature.

Bonehead (Shimmering Sands)
Little Bighorn (Old Smokey)
Shrimpaler (Old Smokey)
Tin-Man (Pig Iron Plains)

(( I only miss Little Bighorn, the others i capture before read this and was using them :D <3 ))
#9PigeonParkPosted 2/5/2013 3:08:51 AM
I'm 50hrs in....I'm power leveling however I have yet to max out a character. I have played with different combos.

For Oliver I'm using a 2nd stage Dino puss in boats and a 2nd stage lynx.

For Esther I'm using a 2nd stage cap a 2nd stage tombstone and a 2ns stage bighorn...

For Swaine I'm using a 3rd stage tin man a 2nd stage clickity and a 3rd stage drogo...not the most fascinating team but once they are all 3rd stage in their 50s + then I should be good to go.

Right now Ollie and the boys are in their 60s...

Ditch and the Lemur.....I was so much time on those 2.....
---
Sent From Your Stolen Android
#10jackstar_rockPosted 2/5/2013 3:10:49 AM
SpungebobVsGod posted...
Should I try and catch my familiars again and not Meta them for a while?

You're fine. The familiars you listed (the skeleton, Napcap) are late bloomers - which means you won't see them shine until their tier 3's level 90+.

In fact your entire party is now facing the transitional phase where they are weak. It happens on every morph, so the idea is to keep one familiar that can reliably farm exp to carry the team through until the lot of lv 1s hit their prime again.

And yes, you don't have to max out their levels. Plenty of testing have been done to confirm the strategy guide's stand that maxing out a familiar before morphing it only gives marginal increases to stats. What most players do is level up to get the current tier's final trick and morph.

Unless you're not playing for the story and just want a perfect min-maxing file, then by all means go ahead and max out their levels before morphing them.