Spoilers Inside, be warned. Now, spell question.

#1cz75gscPosted 2/5/2013 4:39:50 AM
SPOILERS

In the last battle, Cassiopeia uses a Nix spell, and once you complete the game, it clearly mentions that you can now use it, and Ashes of Resurrection. While the Ashes spell has a huge X over it, which seems to indicate it is not usable, Nix doesn't have that, yet it doesn't seem to be usable in any way in battle.

My question is: Is there a way to unlock it or is Evenstar the true final spell of Oliver? (with Thunderstorm?)

END OF SPOILERS
#2HiroshidaPosted 2/5/2013 4:41:44 AM
True final spell should be Astra, which you get from Horace. the other pages you get are just for your wizard's companion, yea I was hoping for ashes to be usable too.
#3cz75gsc(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2013 4:43:42 AM
So, Nix is not usable eh?

I wonder why they took the time to say otherwise then... :/
#4HiroshidaPosted 2/5/2013 4:44:51 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#5kkeevvPosted 2/5/2013 6:10:57 AM
Hiroshida posted...
cz75gsc posted...
So, Nix is not usable eh?

I wonder why they took the time to say otherwise then... :/

You can still get the Nix effect from Thunderstorm though.

Cloudburst, not Thunderstorm.
---
Check out my quote.
#6DaRq_MiNoSPosted 2/5/2013 6:15:36 AM
Somebody said that you can get Astra spell before finishing the game. They said if you back out of Ivory Tower after getting the Astra wand you can go to Ave Memorae (or whatever its called) and Horace is there

I thought you had to wait for post-game for this. Does anyone know if this is true or not?
#7LeanaunfurledPosted 2/5/2013 6:16:21 AM
I thought you had to wait for post-game for this. Does anyone know if this is true or not?

No harm in checking. some said he was there, he wasn't there for me, so idk.
---
Not removing this sig until Bravely Default:Flying Fairy is localized.
http://i.imgur.com/atFfl36.png
#8MidgardDragon99Posted 2/5/2013 6:49:18 AM
I can 100% confirm you can get Astra before finishing the game. I went to the final three fights, lost, paid my game over money, backed out, and Horace was there where he is supposed to be for that final spell. Very useful for the final final boss, since it clears out those 4 roaming enemies with 3 casts and does good damage against the main boss too.
---
3DS FC: 4639-9048-2382, Wii FC: 4558-6862-5396-5206, PSN: MidgardDragon
DD Pawn: http://game.capcom.co.jp/DD/en/pawn_detail/?pf=PS3&gid=MidgardDragon
#9naarosPosted 2/5/2013 6:57:21 AM
DaRq_MiNoS posted...

I had Astra prior to beating the game. As soon as I beat Gallus and got the Astra Wand, I left the Ivory Tower and Horace was there waiting for me and gave me the spell. It was useful for the final encounter. :P
#10DaRq_MiNoSPosted 2/5/2013 7:15:49 AM
Yeah, that's what I was thinking I beat the final stage of White Witch with Evenstar, and I would think it would have been so much easier with Astra.