Really want to get this game but....

#11sniffyPosted 2/5/2013 9:50:46 AM
The young Main character won't really hurt your enjoyment. I was the same way. When you see the story you will understand why the main character's age enhances the game. I won't spoil it, but you will really feel for the main character.

Some events are more powerful/moving when they are happening to children. Unless you are Skeletor you will be moved.
---
some girls are bigger than others, and some girls' mothers are bigger than other girls' mothers...
#12RoleOfGSHCPosted 2/5/2013 9:56:36 AM
tulikeppi posted...
I,m a huge jRPG fan and this game seems absolutely perfect. Its just that the main character is so young! Should I try to overlook this and just get the damn game? Will it be too childish for someone who loves Final fantasy, breath of fire, tales of games....?

This tired thing again? Really?

The age of the character doesn't have any impact. In fact, I'd argue it's a very GOOD thing, because the whole quest is him trying to save his mother! Throw an adult in there for such a plot and it's just... no. Just no.

young =/= childish
old =/= mature

Some of the least mature games I've seen these days star older protags.
---
Empress of the Jovian Empire
Mechanical Advisor for Golden Sun: Adept's Refuge
#13SedatedPosted 2/5/2013 10:14:48 AM
tulikeppi posted...
I,m a huge jRPG fan and this game seems absolutely perfect. Its just that the main character is so young! Should I try to overlook this and just get the damn game? Will it be too childish for someone who loves Final fantasy, breath of fire, tales of games....?

It depends on your threshold for childish storytelling/boring charachters.

The game is very tutorial heavy as well.

Graphics and Combat are the two high points of the game and perhaps the pokemon like collection system.

If you're looking for a RPG that's going to make you feel for the cast and a story that will make you think then look else where.

If you're looking for a RPG with fun gameplay and pretty visuals and can push through some cringe worthy dialogue (It's not that the dialogue is poorly written even, it's gets insanely childish at times.) then look else where.
---
NegiBozu203 posted...
Facts don't mean **** to me.