4 hours = no scroll of truth

#1jliddellPosted 2/6/2013 1:10:38 AM
Are there any other ways I could try to get scrolls of truth? I just spent 4 hours walking up and down the dark hallway in the tombstone trail and I only found about 8 Honky-Tonkers in that time. Not one of them had a scroll to steal. I did find about one hundred of those Pesky-pumpers or whatever they are called though...

How are people doing this? Do you keep veil on all the time and look for the monster in question? Do you fight everything and hope there is a gold Honky-Tonker in the group even though the overworld enemy isn't? Do you need to "scare" the other enemies off so new ones respawn in their place? What are the specifics!

This is the most frustrating part of the game I have found and I haven't done ANY of the alchemy stuff yet. If completing the alchemy stuff is as futile, well, I won't be 100%ing this game.
#2Silfurbor_NeglaPosted 2/6/2013 1:13:22 AM
Just fight everything on the dark area, you will have a good chance to encounter golden honky

And if direct mughsot isnt good enough for you, try the gold glim method, its described on 1 of the stickied topic
---
Where is heaven? Above the sky, and below your feet.
#3Avery28Posted 2/6/2013 1:13:58 AM
You're doing it wrong, they mostly spawn in random enemy battles. You see a monster, ie. zombie, fight him, have a 5-10% chance of having the Honky-Tonker or the Trumpy spawning in the fight (or both), and then just steal from him. Notice - I said STEAL. MUGSHOT. STEAL STEAL STEAL STEAL!

He doesn't drop it. So STEAL.

I hope I made myself clear.
---
BTs: 900/900.
#4Avery28Posted 2/6/2013 1:15:05 AM
Not to mention - http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/998014-ni-no-kuni-wrath-of-the-white-witch/65344449

specifics are in there, by me!
---
BTs: 900/900.
#5jliddell(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2013 1:18:10 AM
Will you always steal the scroll with that gold glim method? Or will you get another of it's "rare" items like a meteor fragment or whatever?

I didn't know that normal looking monsters could have a gold monster in it! I'll just fight everything in there then. Thanks!
#6Silfurbor_NeglaPosted 2/6/2013 1:19:42 AM
jliddell posted...
Will you always steal the scroll with that gold glim method? Or will you get another of it's "rare" items like a meteor fragment or whatever?

I didn't know that normal looking monsters could have a gold monster in it! I'll just fight everything in there then. Thanks!

Yes, with gold glim you will always steal a scroll on golden honky
---
Where is heaven? Above the sky, and below your feet.