noticed that in most JRPGs and curious

#31Seiko_NurashimaPosted 2/6/2013 6:23:08 AM
SupahJem posted...
Are people confused on what JRPG's are? Kingdom Hearts and Final Fantasy games are not JRPG's.. RPG and JRPG are different genres.

Last I checked KH and FF where.made by SE.Japan and are.rpgs thus JRPGS
#32Sephy999Posted 2/6/2013 6:33:08 AM
Cloud starts with Ice and Lightning materia. Clouds produce ice (hail) and lightning. His hair is spikey and yellow like lightning. I'd say Cloud was far closer to lightning elemental than fire.
---
http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh90/Psynosis/image0017.gif
#33-BrokenSpiral-Posted 2/6/2013 6:40:37 AM
Yuri Hyuga - Darkness
Veigue Lungberg - Ice

Hiro only uses wind magic, but no one in that game is labeled with an element.
#34Zio_DynePosted 2/6/2013 6:40:43 AM
There's a ton of darkness as well.
Light/Dark/Fire are just impactful 'elements'. With lightning being sort of an off-shoot of light, and not too uncommon in it's own right.
They bear a certain weight appropriate for the typical role of a main character putting the world on their shoulders.
You often see those other elements either from antagonists or party members, but rarely is the hero associated with something like wind, ice, or earth, if any element at all.
#35Eternal_Dream21Posted 2/6/2013 6:42:29 AM
Golden Sun: Earth
Lunar: Wind
#36thienliPosted 2/6/2013 6:44:07 AM
SupahJem posted...
Are people confused on what JRPG's are? Kingdom Hearts and Final Fantasy games are not JRPG's.. RPG and JRPG are different genres.

What the hell are you cooking?
---
We are both atheists.I just believe in one fewer god than u do.When u understand why u dismiss all the other possible gods,u will understand why i dismiss yours
#37NakratosPosted 2/6/2013 6:57:42 AM
Serph from Digital Devil Saga is Ice elemental.

Symbolically, fire commonly represents courage, a very important trait in a hero, so...
---
"We must love people as if there was no tomorrow. Because, if you stop to think about it, there really isn't." "We all have our reasons".RIP
#38ShibutoPosted 2/6/2013 7:01:00 AM
my first JRPG was FF7 back in 1997

*leaves topic*
---
"I saw GAMEFAQs with faqs being spelled like faqs instead of facts I figured poor grammar to be welcomed" -MiKe345675
#39Zio_DynePosted 2/6/2013 7:01:00 AM
Golden Sun: Earth
Lunar: Wind

They're not nonexistent. Every major element has surely been done by now, but they're still awfully rare in comparison.
Felix/Isaac somehow completely slipped my mind though o_O.
Definitely a great example of an earth-based protagonist. Dunno who else would be...
#40illahstrait2Posted 2/6/2013 7:07:54 AM
And yet no one mentions the secret of mana or ogre battle?
---
Skyrim npc character database
http://www.truancyfactory.com/mods/skyrim/skyrim_characters.html