noticed that in most JRPGs and curious

#71HellsingOrgPosted 2/6/2013 10:51:44 AM
crimson-falcon posted...
first off all im old JRPG fan

playing JRPGs for more than 15 years

my first JRPG was FF7 back in 1997

but after a lot of JRPGs i noticed something

why the hero of the game always either he/she Holy Elemental or Fire elemental?

never saw any Dark , Lightning , Water or Ice heroes

LMAO! xD

This is like those kids on facebook going "back when I was a kid but maybe you don't remember but on Nickelodeon they had Drake and Josh."

and I'm all like LOL you pathetic kid when I was young Nick had "You can't do that on Television" your Drake and Josh show is from like 2003 thats barely even classified as OLD or even retro.
---
The bird of Hermes is my name eating my wings to make me tame.
#72TaaronPosted 2/6/2013 11:09:05 AM
HellsingOrg posted...
crimson-falcon posted...
first off all im old JRPG fan

playing JRPGs for more than 15 years

my first JRPG was FF7 back in 1997

but after a lot of JRPGs i noticed something

why the hero of the game always either he/she Holy Elemental or Fire elemental?

LMAO! xD

This is like those kids on facebook going "back when I was a kid but maybe you don't remember but on Nickelodeon they had Drake and Josh."

and I'm all like LOL you pathetic kid when I was young Nick had "You can't do that on Television" your Drake and Josh show is from like 2003 thats barely even classified as OLD or even retro.

Problem is each generation is like that to the newer ones. Shows like "You can't do that on Television" or "Wild and Crazy Kids" were on when I was young, but then those who are 30-40 years older than me go on about tv shows I never heard about and act like im pathetic. The cycle lives on lol.
---
Nothing wrong with a 40 year old man watching anime intended for 5 year old Japanese girls.
#73BlackWizardMagusPosted 2/6/2013 11:31:26 AM
Growlanser 3's Slayn is darkness elemental. Arc from Arc the Lad is everything elemental, and in Twilight of the Spirits, the two main characters are wind elemental. Fei from Xenogears was, like, fist elemental. But yeah, since the hero is usually THE hero, he tends to be light elemental, or fire elemental (assuming he's a brave, headstrong youth who leaps before he looks and possibly has amnesia).
---
"The black wind howls. One among you will shortly perish"
Magus
#74labyrinthPosted 2/6/2013 11:32:32 AM(edited)
Yup.

Always remember that no matter how old you are. There's always gonna be someone older than you.
---
"There is nobody so irritating as somebody with less intelligence and more sense than we have." --Don Herold
#75crimson-falcon(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2013 11:54:56 AM
after reading all these posts i think i missed couple ( you mean many ) cool JRPGs guess im gonna play the old JRPGs now

better ignore elitlist folks
---
want to say (Great ) in other ways?
say (Tidy ) or ( Neato ) :)
#76Minatokun13Posted 2/6/2013 11:56:07 AM
badboy posted...
WiiFan77 posted...
crimson-falcon posted...

You've never played Persona 4? >_>

The MC's initial persona is elec, but the character himself? He can equip any other personas.

Doesn't matter. Izanagi is his only actual canon Persona other than Izanagi-no-Okami. It's his starter Persona, is used most often in the manga and anime, and is his only Persona in Arena, other than during his instant kill.

Just like how in Persona 2, all playable characters were able to switch Personas, but still had a particular one they were associated with (or really more like 2 or 3, depending on which P2 we're talking about).

Maya's canon Persona is Maia/Artemis.
P3MC's canon Persona is Orpheus, Thanatos and Messiah
P4MC's canon Persona is Izanagi, and Izanagi-no-Okami

And so on.
#77Robertn__07Posted 2/6/2013 11:56:33 AM
Kalas from Baten Kaitos is technically wind based. Most of his special attacks are wind elemental.

The player is considered a light based spirit, but Kalas is the main hero.

Technicalities...
#78renskyfirePosted 2/6/2013 12:06:12 PM
OH YEAH!?!? Well I started playing RPGs in 1990 OP which means I'm better then you and you don't have my permission to refer yourself as an old RPG fan. My specific point in type that I began entertaining myself with RPGs is the correct on. So instead I'm going to dismiss you as a "kid" and refer to myself as an old fart at the age of 27!

Anyways as for why a lot of hero characters have light as an element....Well light often times is associated with "good" and dark with "evil". Plus light is sometimes associated with healing, though so is water I guess.

As for fire......dunno the firey spirit of the youthful protagonist going out to stop the big bad?
---
You know you have been playing games too long when you shout out the window to turn off the lights during the day.=)
#79crimson-falcon(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2013 12:24:34 PM
renskyfire posted...
OH YEAH!?!? Well I started playing RPGs in 1990 OP which means I'm better then you and you don't have my permission to refer yourself as an old RPG fan. My specific point in type that I began entertaining myself with RPGs is the correct on. So instead I'm going to dismiss you as a "kid" and refer to myself as an old fart at the age of 27!

note that i played FF7 as i was 7 years old

now im 22 so 15 years of playing JRPGs
---
want to say (Great ) in other ways?
say (Tidy ) or ( Neato ) :)
#80itis41269Posted 2/6/2013 12:49:12 PM
EarthBuster posted...
I'd say Tidus from FFX is probably water. Blitzball player, and his Brotherhood sword is water elemental.

And maybe Mao from Disgaea 3 would be Ice? That is the element of magic he learns, isn't it? Don't remember off the top of my head.

---
"Big lizard in my backyard, i can't afford to feed him anymore"