noticed that in most JRPGs and curious

#91justdontaskPosted 2/6/2013 2:03:03 PM
final fantasy 13, Lightning is the main character... would it be tough to guess what her favorite element is?
---
logic escapes this site.
#92sam94030Posted 2/6/2013 2:23:05 PM
Too lazy to look to see if this has been said.

Tidus from FFX is Water.
#93ventus_windPosted 2/6/2013 2:26:18 PM
My first rpg was kingdom hearts, from 2009.
---
3ds friend code: 2234-7580-2242 PSN:roxasflame
The official Cybele of the shin megami tensei IV board
#94Spiroth_KweehhPosted 2/6/2013 2:41:48 PM(edited)
Tiael posted...
Spiroth_Kweehh posted...
I still can't associate people who started after 1997 as "old" RPG gamers lol.
I guess it's been 16 years now.....

I'm old. ;(

Oh you're young.
Playing RPGs since I was 5 in '89 here.

In '89 I was a cute chubby little baby of 2 years old.
Was born between METAL GEAR and FINAL FANTASY Birthdates.
Coincidentally, my two favorite franchises ever! :D

I've personally been gaming since 1993.
20 Year Anniversary this year! :p

---
Official Wild Chocobo of the Dissidia 012 [Duodecim]: Final Fantasy Board
Official Wild Chocobo of the Final Fantasy world
#95darklyger64Posted 2/6/2013 3:38:34 PM
IMRavnos posted...
Just out of curiosity why do so many people act like elitist jerks?

I've been playing RPGs in general since 1980. However I don't look down on anyone who started in the 90's or hell even who started in the 00's

I know people who got into gaming in like 2002 and then spent great amounts of money and time playing old RPGs and JRPGs. I consider them hardcore J/RPG gamers.

It doesn't matter when you started or what your first JRPG was folks. It matters more on how many have you played and are you mature enough to realize that for the most part the SNES era was the pinnacle of great JRPGs.

My first Console JRPG was Secret of mana. However if I meet someone who started with Skies of Arcadia or Tales of Symphonia I don't Lord over them as if I am somehow better then they are.

I guess I'm just trying to say that if you brag about how your more old school then someone else, your kind of a D-bag.

What's sad is that it's not a JRPG thing or even a Video Game thing. I see A$$hats do this on Music forums as well. They cry about teens today wearing Bauhaus or Joy Division T-shirts as if only old farts who liked those bands way back when have a right to be fans.

It just makes me sick how stupid people are.

It's a matter of labeling themselves as the better player.
It's also a matter of how they perceive that person's age, how they interpret it, how many games they think they've played compared to them, and etc.

The problem is on a person's self-esteem/ego , where the need of feeling the better player and accepted has to be acquired since most likely there are people whom under-appreciate the things that usually are appreciated with people whom have similar interest.

There are many things that could affect why this and that, but in the end, it's just people with experience tends to look down more on inexperience players, mostly players whom brag about things that they feel as an achievement, when compared to an experience player is not very gratifying.

In relation to music, most older people look down on younger people is due to their annoyance with statements that OMG THEY ARE THE BEST and etc. It is basically the usage of superlatives that triggers older listeners their anger and anxiety due to a misuse of words. Sure, there are many songs of this era that sounds well and tolerable, but their fans is what ruins why certain artist are not accepted.

Such as Skrillex, I particularly don't hate Skrillex but I find his music quite entertaining, though he might not be the best dubstep artist nor he claims to be the best, many people dislike the his music due to younger audience tend to say "I like dubstep", but in regards the only artist he knows is Skrillex. Many are offended by this due to the idea, that ignorance can be a crime and that there are many better artist compared to skrillex, thus the older audience tends to disagree and a clash is born.

tl;tr: Older people tends to think they know more, younger people use ignorant statements with superlatives. Argument is born.
#96SolKarellenPosted 2/6/2013 3:41:16 PM(edited)
Ice/Water: Serph, Veigue
Earth: Isaac, Felix
Darkness: Emil, Yuri
Lightning: Yu Narukami (His initial Persona, at least; apparently his last name can apparently be translated as "Quiet Thunder God", though)

and the black Earth guy from captain planet seemed to be the de facto leader of the group, if that counts
---
"There'd come a time when life'd pull us apart. S'not a reason to avoid people."
#97ChiroteraPosted 2/6/2013 4:19:19 PM
I don't look down on anyone. I mostly play it up for laughs.

It is my hope, however, that if they are unaware of all these great RPGs that I grew up with - that they'd see a list of them and want to check a few of them out. Some of them are fairly dated by today's standards, but the same could be said of the wonderful games we got out of the PS1 and PS2 era.
---
Detroit Red Wings: #9, #12, #7, #10, #1, #19, (#6), (#16), #5
#98Thanatos2kPosted 2/6/2013 4:30:43 PM
I only look down on people who suggest older games that we all know are good aren't good (or the most generic of complaints - "overrated") because they didn't play them or are graphics whores about them.

Games like Final Fantasy 7, Super Mario RPG, Baldur's Gate, Fallout 2, etc.
---
-Thanatos2k-