Really?! REALLY?! (Ending spoilers) Fair warning

#11PFireflyPosted 2/6/2013 10:33:09 AM
FishermanFriend posted...
PFirefly posted...
FishermanFriend posted...
The reason the ending is really stupid is because it wasn't even in the original game apparently. The DS game ended when you killed Shadar. This ending was basically made up from nothing and thrown into the game for no real reason other than to extend the game.

Lol. The DS and PS3 games were developed at the same time, the DS isn't the "original" version so much as a parallel version. You could say they're soul mates.

Wikipedia says something very very different.

Wikipedia isn't god. As someone who has been following NNK since its announcement in 2008, I can tell you that whoever wrote that wiki page left a lot out.
---
Alice returns in 2011, I'll be ready... http://www.ea.com/alice
Inception ending spoiler: http://twitpic.com/26k9ub
#12paiprPosted 2/8/2013 6:39:21 PM
The ending was a bit short (and the random broom riding seemed a bit odd) but at the same time ghibli movies sometimes have that quick nice, everything is better now ending to them.

that said I was kinda number we didn't get a few shots of what everyone was up to hand drawn during the end credits.
---
cant decide which movie is the worst movie; dragon ball z evolution, m.nights last air bender, or twilight????? hmmm
#13HodouPosted 2/8/2013 6:53:00 PM
paipr posted...
The ending was a bit short (and the random broom riding seemed a bit odd) but at the same time ghibli movies sometimes have that quick nice, everything is better now ending to them.

that said I was kinda number we didn't get a few shots of what everyone was up to hand drawn during the end credits.

Kinda number...? Autocorrect? (feel your pain man)

Anyway yeah like Howls Moving Castle? Where suddenly HEY YOU FIXED MY PROBLEM OH LOOK IT'S A PRINCE SCARECROW ISN'T EVERYTHING JUST AMAZING?!
#14ZEOPOWER6Posted 2/8/2013 6:53:31 PM
A lot of what was in the PS3 game was also stuck in the DS game just in case... kind of. The stories were developed at the same time so it's more like they chose to go further with the story in the console game rather than ending where it did for the DS.

http://tcrf.net/Ni_no_Kuni_(Nintendo_DS) <-- MASSIVE SPOILERS here

Note a lot of the unused sprites and how a lot of them are from scenes that were in the PS3 cutscenes.

And honestly, anyone can write in that Wiki article. I could edit it and say that Level-5 announced Ni no Kuni 2 last week and would you believe it?

http://andriasang.com/comm50/ni_no_kuni_ps3_video/

Also, here's the original source that the Wiki article credits for the story axle line.
#15link_15Posted 2/8/2013 9:18:14 PM(edited)
The only thing that slitty disappointed me was that the white witch is basically a copy of shadar.

"I was very good but a bad thing happened to me so wanted to destroy everything, but after you beat me I now see how wrong i am and I'm good again!"

Its not bad Its just that this twist is exactly the one they used with shadar. I wished they though of something new. Also, the queen is responsible for the death of countless people, i didn't think it was right that she got out of it without any punishment. Remember shadar died for what he did and she did much worst and got away with it. I feel like she needs to answer to the law or something.

---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerGuides 1.10
#16ZenlightenedPosted 2/8/2013 9:19:23 PM
The entire main meant n tatoes of the game was the Shadar story. You bested him, you got your ending there. Everything else is just fluff, you already got thanked by everyone all over the world, do you really want to see that again? I'm glad they didn't drag it out, as the White Witch Arc is the weakest link, storywise, of the the game.

The post-game stuff has a little bit of extra story, but that's it. There's not much else to say, really.

It would've been neat-o to see Oliver go to another Another World.
---
So it goes.
#17Delicate_FlamePosted 2/8/2013 9:31:50 PM(edited)
It's was kind of silly that Cassiopeia didn't have to answer in the slightest for what she did, trying to destroy the world. Oliver and friends are very forgiving I must say ^^
---
(>^^)>
#18Thanatos2kPosted 2/8/2013 10:14:23 PM
Wikipedia isn't god. As someone who has been following NNK since its announcement in 2008, I can tell you that whoever wrote that wiki page left a lot out.

See, the funny thing about Wikipedia is if you think you have more information - you can correct the page! Less whining, more action.
---
-Thanatos2k-
#19shadowhippo1986Posted 2/8/2013 10:50:18 PM
Thanatos2k posted...

See, the funny thing about Wikipedia is if you think you have more information - you can correct the page! Less whining, more action.

still doesn't mean the person correcting wiki is right
#20Hyperion_DarkPosted 2/8/2013 10:57:34 PM
shadowhippo1986 posted...
Thanatos2k posted...

still doesn't mean the person correcting wiki is right

Yup.
---
PSN: Jorge_JavierX
()zzzzzzzzzz[]XX::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::> <::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::XX[]zzzzzzzzzz()