Is it a kiddie game?

#11FishermanFriendPosted 2/6/2013 4:18:49 PM
Trainer_Red posted...
Why does this actually stop people from buying a game? I'd gladly play a game called "Spongebob goes to candyland" If it was fun and enjoyable.

I dunno, maybe some people don't like kiddy things? Is that really so hard to imagine?
#12SadLinkPosted 2/6/2013 4:20:45 PM
FishermanFriend posted...
Trainer_Red posted...
Why does this actually stop people from buying a game? I'd gladly play a game called "Spongebob goes to candyland" If it was fun and enjoyable.

I dunno, maybe some people don't like kiddy things? Is that really so hard to imagine?

After you have kids you learn to appreciate kiddie things a lot more
---
Playing:
Ni No Kuni, Resident Evil 6
#13HiroshidaPosted 2/6/2013 4:22:22 PM
Trainer_Red posted...

"Better get CoD and Fifa 13. More street cred from my friends." *Shifty eyes*

My personal opinion is that...if you feel that you will enjoy the game, why not? I still have friends who are members on Runescape even though it has already been 12 years since we played them...it's your own money. Don't care about what others might say. What's more important is that you enjoy it.
#14RafedxPosted 2/6/2013 4:22:46 PM
Trainer_Red posted...

If the great majority of people who don't like kiddie things didn't feel the need to just trash the game based on that then it wouldn't be an issue. We all know that will never happen, some people feel the need to bash things they don't like, and anyone who plays them is just immature. :/
---
http://www.terra-comic.com --> Terra: a Science Fiction Webcomic / Updates every 15th of the month.
#15FishermanFriendPosted 2/6/2013 4:26:08 PM(edited)
Rafedx posted...
Trainer_Red posted...

If the great majority of people who don't like kiddie things didn't feel the need to just trash the game based on that then it wouldn't be an issue. We all know that will never happen, some people feel the need to bash things they don't like, and anyone who plays them is just immature. :/

What are you talking about? No one in this topic is trashing the game. The OP is simply asking if the dialogue in the game is childish. Some guy asked why someone would let that stop them from buying the game, and it seems pretty obvious to me. Some people simply don't like that kind of stuff.
#16LeanaunfurledPosted 2/6/2013 4:25:48 PM
If you have to ask then don't buy it, tired of the board being flooded with topics made by insecure people.
---
Not removing this sig until Bravely Default:Flying Fairy is localized.
http://i.imgur.com/atFfl36.png
#17FishermanFriendPosted 2/6/2013 4:26:38 PM
Leanaunfurled posted...
If you have to ask then don't buy it, tired of the board being flooded with topics made by insecure people.

I'm tired of overly defensive fanboys.
#18AlltraPosted 2/6/2013 4:27:53 PM
Very much so, but it's still really good.
---
I sometimes feel as though life is a curse that has been placed on the living. I envy the unborn at times.
#19zyrax2301Posted 2/6/2013 4:32:08 PM
It is definitely a kiddie game...even more so than Kingdom Hearts. I thoroughly enjoy it.
---
Why? Because **** you is why.
#20RafedxPosted 2/6/2013 4:32:46 PM
Rafedx posted...
Trainer_Red posted...

What are you talking about? No one in this topic is trashing the game. The OP is simply asking if the dialogue in the game is childish. Some guy asked why someone would let that stop them from buying the game, and it seems pretty obvious to me. Some people simply don't like that kind of stuff.

I'm not talking about this topic, I am talking all over the place much like you were with your statement of people not liking kiddie stuff, or at least I assumed you were talking in general and not just this thread.
---
http://www.terra-comic.com --> Terra: a Science Fiction Webcomic / Updates every 15th of the month.