So about the book that comes with the game...(limited edition only I think)

#1BeraboumanPosted 2/6/2013 9:50:31 PM
How big is it? Is it a hardcover version of the text contents found in the game, or is it something else entirely?

Is it Japan-only, or did other regions get a release of the book too?

I googled "Ni no Kuni book" and "Ni no Kuni Magic Master" but there was far too much conflicting information. :(

Could someone help me sort things out?
#2KazukiYotsugaPosted 2/6/2013 9:55:42 PM(edited)
It's a physical copy of the Wizard's Companion book from within the game itself. As for how big it is I'm not sure. Yes it did see an English release outside of the Japanese one, but it was included in the limited edition only which sold out pretty quickly and was only available I believe from certain retailers.
#3AlltraPosted 2/6/2013 10:02:22 PM(edited)
Yes, it's a hardcover version of the in game Wizard's Companion. It's very high quality too, it's not some cheap-o little crapfest. It's about 340 pages in length, in full color, and it's about 7 1/2 inches tall, 5 1/4 inches wide, and about an inch thick.

No, it's not Japan only, but it was only available in western markets through the Wizard's Edition, which was a Limited Edition that was made in very limited quantities.
---
I sometimes feel as though life is a curse that has been placed on the living. I envy the unborn at times.
#4ZEOPOWER6Posted 2/6/2013 10:01:48 PM
The Japanese one was a first press limited edition called the "Magic Master Classic". It was basically the DS game's book bundled with the PS3 game.

It's still easy to find it though, so there's no problem finding the Japanese one. The English one though............
#5Berabouman(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2013 4:27:37 AM
Hmm, guess I will just have to wait for a scan though. I can read Japanese fine, but my sister can't, and I'd like to give her a chance to read the book as well.

Thanks for the help!
#6ZEOPOWER6Posted 2/7/2013 4:30:53 AM
Berabouman posted...
Hmm, guess I will just have to wait for a scan though. I can read Japanese fine, but my sister can't, and I'd like to give her a chance to read the book as well.

Thanks for the help!

Do you have the game? The book is available in game.