Anyone else not particularly enjoying the soundtrack?

#21Lord_Ka1nPosted 2/7/2013 1:35:53 AM
all the places ive been to so far (getting first stone in vault) i like it all except the sewer music (vault and well) and the god awful battle music.

my favorite so far is fairygrounds
#22NathypantsPosted 2/7/2013 1:36:56 AM
I enjoy it. It's pretty and grand and gorgeous all that jazz.

However, it DOES fit with the game's theme and whatnot.

But I don't really find myself getting addicted to any song. They did a good job for the game, but it's not something altogether memorable.
---
~If you sprinkle when you tinkle~
~Be a sweetie and wipe the seaty~
#23JuanZoloPosted 2/7/2013 1:39:22 AM
I love the soundtrack. I could hum several songs from memory already.
---
If the doors of perception were to be cleansed, everything would appear as it truly is-Infinite.
#24JuanZoloPosted 2/7/2013 1:42:21 AM
IMRavnos posted...
Isaac_Redfield posted...
It's better than Nier, and easily. Nier's music is ruined by the incessant "angelic" vocals on almost every single track. They get old, fast.

As far as what has a better soundtrack in general? As much as it's mentioned; Xenoblade. Probably has one of the best soundtracks of a 2012 release.

I loved Nier's soundtrack. So did most people if I am remembering correctly. But I enjoy Angelic voices and such. Probably why I like Dead Can Dance so much.

Someone listed FFX's soundtrack. I've sat here for 5 minutes trying to remember a single track from FFX and all that comes to mind is the Chocobo theme and the Victory Fan Faire, which are both old as hell.

Never played Xenoblade Chronicles since I honestly cannot bring myself to hook up My Wii, and I have no desire to buy a Controller just to play 1 game that has been so hyped up it is almost a given that it would be a huge let down.

Is it true that the last portion of the game is a guy sitting in a chair describing the story?

That's XenoGEARS. A PS1 game.
---
If the doors of perception were to be cleansed, everything would appear as it truly is-Infinite.
#25MidgardDragon99Posted 2/7/2013 3:57:50 AM
ITT: "Is anybody else crazy and lacking in all musical taste?"
---
3DS FC: 4639-9048-2382, Wii FC: 4558-6862-5396-5206, PSN: MidgardDragon
DD Pawn: http://game.capcom.co.jp/DD/en/pawn_detail/?pf=PS3&gid=MidgardDragon
#26Pffrbt(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2013 4:02:17 AM
MidgardDragon99 posted...
ITT: "Is anybody else crazy and lacking in all musical taste?"

Stop trolling.
#27vgsrulePosted 2/7/2013 12:39:31 PM
I agree, TC.

I don't dislike the soundtrack. I just don't really find it to be anything above average.

The problem with orchestral music is that it's not memorable at all, really. It sounds good while playing, but there's nothing I really feel the need to seek out and listen to.

For a different kind of comparison, I loved both DQ8 and FFX years ago. I can really only remember the world map music of DQ8, and maybe the boss music to an extent. I can remember most of FFX's soundtrack within a few minutes if I tried, from memory.

So far, the music that I've particularly enjoyed (more than average) in NNK is the music that played in the Golden Grove, and some sort of fast-paced music that plays during critical scenes.
---
http://backloggery.com/khff123
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/A_Metal_Pipe
#28tr0tsky_basicPosted 2/7/2013 12:41:13 PM
I like the soundtrack, I just don't think it's a good soundtrack for a video game.

Listening to it on my computer is great.
---
GT: trotsky0
#29SigmaHacielPosted 2/7/2013 12:41:27 PM
The soundtrack is almost 100% perfect in each given situation.

Tho, there were some odd spots so far.

This isn't a soundtrack that people are supposed to hum in public. This is a soundtrack that is meant to boost the atmosphere of the world.
#30dudeitscoolPosted 2/7/2013 12:46:51 PM
I don't really care about the soundtrack. I play with wireless headphones and my Amazon cloud player streaming beautiful songs of my choosing whilst I play.
---
Looking at the big picture is easier on the eyes...