Are you watching this Square Enix?

#131Bane766Posted 2/8/2013 5:19:19 AM
He is a troll-he's done it in other topics on the NNK board as well. I've seen his posts. He claims his opinions as facts.

As I said before, I liked FFXIII. I don't think it was perfect, but I don't think it was terrible either-I loved the battle system, the graphics, most of the characters, and thought the story wasn't bad.. There were some problems, yes. But I liked it much better than XIII-2.

However those who say SE doesn't listen to their fans are definitely wrong. People complained about FFXIII being linear and you got XIII-2 being non-linear...which as I said before, it made the story disjointed.

I haven't played NNK yet, I'm still waiting on mine. But I'm very excited to get it.

And I've been playing games-mostly rpg's since the NES came out. So a very long time.

Also I don't believe in brand loyalty either. I'm not a Sony fanatic, MS fanatic, or Nintendo fanatic. Neither am I a SE fanatic or a NIS fanatic, lv5 fanatic, etc. I am an RPG fanatic. I try to play as much of them as I can and I own all the systems (minus a Vita and WiiU)-including the older ones like NES, SNES, Genesis, TG16, etc.

And I've been posting on this board for almost 10 years. Was a proud member of LUE (I miss those guys *sniff*).
---
Douleur Peur Mort
#132LeanaunfurledPosted 2/8/2013 5:48:14 AM
Because from a developmental standpoint... It's a nightmare. That's my point. Obviously someone that's awaiting it would be glad.

I wouldn't see why Versus is a development nightmare, I don't think they're doing anything particularly groundbreaking with it. They just announced it way before they should have, like I don't think full development started until.. late 2010 or 2011 or something like that. And apparently the Realm Reborn is taking up some time for that team as well. Which RR looks like it'll be a lot better, but like I said before, with the stigma XIV already has...we'll see. :/
---
Not removing this sig until Bravely Default:Flying Fairy is localized.
http://i.imgur.com/atFfl36.png
#133Somajan(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2013 9:23:30 AM
SE still commands a great deal of influence in the developer community, but they've been off acquiring new properties of existing games. It's like their entire focus is skewed. Meanwhile, the newest entries of games hasn't been about wonder and amazement, just shiny new things, and gorgeous cutscenes.

Sakaguchi left SE to do his own thing, due to creative differences with the management of the company, while he has yet to produce a hit with the same mainstream appeal as FF, his style hasn't changed with the creation of Last Story. If he really wanted to stick it to the SE man, he could've just gone multi-platform.

The argument that SE makes more money is false, they posted a 5B profit last year, but this year they just posted a 5.7B loss. That's Japanese yen btw.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-02-06/square-enix-reports-5.7-billion-yen-loss-in-april-december

Sales were up, but all these new acquisitions are costing them a great deal of money and energy towards making the games.

That's the only English report I can find.
---
Gradius V - 2-2 2,796,400Type 3
Gradius III - 9,999,999
#134Thanatos2kPosted 2/8/2013 10:47:49 AM
Poor child, you're so mixed up. The trouble is, I do have experience. I've been playing games on as many platforms as possible for over 20 years in no small amount. The fact I like so many of them is because I'm reasonable and accepting. I appreciate games for what they are rather than what I expected from them. I understand and acknowledge the thousands upon thousands of man-hours that go into planning and developing a title, and I'm not so self-obsessed that as soon as somebody attempts something different I start kicking and screaming.

Wow someone is oblivious of their own elitism. Arrogance too.

He claims his opinions as facts.

Everything I post is my opinion. Is this really so hard for people to grasp?

I wouldn't see why Versus is a development nightmare, I don't think they're doing anything particularly groundbreaking with it

Um, it's rumored that they're actually moving it to the next gen consoles. Lots of code rewrites incoming.

Any game in development for 4 years or longer is a development nightmare, because it indicates something has gone fundamentally wrong behind the scenes.
---
-Thanatos2k-
#135shoe7essPosted 2/8/2013 11:52:07 AM
Oooo Thanatos is here!

*grabs popcorn*
---
You might as well paint yourself yellow, run around like a maniac, and call yourself Banana Man.
PSN/GT: shoe7ess
#136Bronze_StuffPosted 2/8/2013 12:26:39 PM
Leanaunfurled posted...
Because from a developmental standpoint... It's a nightmare. That's my point. Obviously someone that's awaiting it would be glad.

I wouldn't see why Versus is a development nightmare, I don't think they're doing anything particularly groundbreaking with it. They just announced it way before they should have, like I don't think full development started until.. late 2010 or 2011 or something like that. And apparently the Realm Reborn is taking up some time for that team as well. Which RR looks like it'll be a lot better, but like I said before, with the stigma XIV already has...we'll see. :/

It's been on development for a good while now. And if the rumors about it being on the PS4 are true, that's even worse.
---
Jimbo.