Are you watching this Square Enix?

#51TiaelPosted 2/7/2013 7:26:33 AM
And Xenoblade certainly wasn't praised for gundam vehicle transformations...more like the game itself, world, music, etc.

If you mean "X", given we saw the same thing in Xenoblade with Metal Face and the like, not really.
More praised cause it's from Monolith Soft, and looks to be a sequel or successor to Xenoblade.
---
Playing: Ni no Kuni - Captain Whamtastic http://i.imgur.com/IVH6BX0.jpg
Dragon Quest>Ys>SMT>Tales>Final Fantasy, but I enjoy all five. Da Bears!
#52LeanaunfurledPosted 2/7/2013 7:27:02 AM
Why do people even give a s***? If they don't like the game, move on with your life, don't compare it to everything under the sun and carry on like XIII/-2 murdered your firstborn child, or try to pretend it's a fact that the game is bad. Because it isn't, it's subjective, just like many other things butthurt people on the Internet talk about and then carry on like their opinion = fact.
---
Not removing this sig until Bravely Default:Flying Fairy is localized.
http://i.imgur.com/atFfl36.png
#53atma6Posted 2/7/2013 7:35:07 AM
LLelouch posted...
Square doesn't listen to their fanbase, and they probably never will.

Of course. It isn't like every single Final Fantasy game after VIII aside from XI was a direct response to fan criticism, including XIII-2, which, despite the obvious argument that nobody wanted it, directly addressed fan issues with XIII.

Once again. Worst fanbase ever.
---
Mistranslations for the Modern Gamer
http://mistranslationformg.blogspot.com/
#54Sin_HarvesterPosted 2/7/2013 7:35:25 AM
uekijustice posted...
I remember reading an article where Wada stated that Modern Warfare 2 was one of the influences for XIII's game design... LOL!

It's not Wada, according to wikipedia, it's Toriyama. He played MW as a base inspiration for FFXIII (no wonder it turns out bad). He is the one who believe that a coherence story cannot be told if there are a lot of areas to explore, so he make the RPG-on-rail design.

^ Genius
---
... duh
#55atopp399Posted 2/7/2013 7:47:43 AM(edited)
Square just lost like $60 million+ last year. They are not the Square we used to know.
#56Bane766Posted 2/7/2013 7:58:28 AM
I actually liked FFXIII. I liked the story and thought it made about as much sense as most FF games (if you've played them all like I have then you know that alot of them go way out the deep end sometimes). I loved the battle system, the graphics, most of the characters (Hope got on my nerves alot-so did Vanille) and the interesting leveling system.

It did have it's flaws...the lack of exploration until way later in the game. The limited party system, etc.

I liked XIII better than XIII-2. Although XIII-2 wasn't a bad game, IMO...it wasn't great either. The story is hard to play as I wasn't a big fan of Vanilla and I'm not fond of the other main character either. And I didn't like the 'improvements' they made, although more exploration is good-it made the game feel really disjointed. It's going to be hard for me to justify purchasing XIII-3, tbh.
---
Douleur Peur Mort
#57LenneValkiryePosted 2/7/2013 8:03:26 AM(edited)
This game is just a standard stereotypical JRPG full of dead cliches and that's exactly what is wrong with the genre.

Also, I'm not sure why you think SE can't do oldschool FFs anymore, Final Fantasy Dimensions is the proof they still can.

Just keep that stuff out of the main series so everyone can be happy.
#58TiaelPosted 2/7/2013 8:03:00 AM
LenneValkirye posted...
This game is just a standard stereotypical JRPG full of dead cliches and that's exactly what is wrong with the genre.

Also, I'm not sure why you think SE can't do oldschool FFs anymore, Final Fantasy Dimensions is the proof of that.

Just keep that stuff out of the main series so everyone can be happy.

Valkyrie*

Shouldn't you stick to the LR board?
---
Playing: Ni no Kuni - Captain Whamtastic http://i.imgur.com/IVH6BX0.jpg
Dragon Quest>Ys>SMT>Tales>Final Fantasy, but I enjoy all five. Da Bears!
#59HauntedBulletsPosted 2/7/2013 8:03:23 AM
SilentProtag posted...
also yes it's nice to see games go back to their roots, but don't pretend this game sold for any reason other than Ghibli designs.

people prefer new and innovative battle systems over stagnant ones.

Idontknowhowopinionswork/lol

Seriously, IMO! I enjoy this type of battle system way more than one like FFXIII or FFXII, Final Fantasy is no longer styled like its glory days and it saddens me. Final Fantasy needs either classes or customizable characters, not paradigm shifting linearity.

Again, opinion! Not projecting this on anyone or saying it as fact, it is a fact of opinion.
---
PSN: HauntedBullets
#60ViolentDjangoPosted 2/7/2013 8:05:47 AM
Somajan posted...
The game has hundreds of traditional rpg elements many of which you pioneered decades ago when Sakaguchi was still a part of the team. No need for re-inventing yourself, or coming up with fancy new terms for a new battle system.

And most of all, it's selling out everywhere in all territories, as a platform exclusive!

And Yoichi Wada continues to figure out what went wrong this generation.

Things change when the mastermind leaves...

Now shut the up and go enjoy your game. Square doesn't give a damn about you and your opinion.
---
GT/PSN: ViolentDjango ~
Go. Full. Tilt.