Are you watching this Square Enix?

#81stephanieisitPosted 2/7/2013 10:50:23 AM
Thanatos2k posted...
I try to like things lots of people hate purely because I aim to put out more positive energy than bad energy.

Hating something because it's popular is juvenile and the most pathetic thing I can even think of.

It's simple human jealousy, an emotion everyone shares.

The other way means you have some kind of personal defect. If you are UNABLE to dislike something that is bad, you got problems.

This is basically off topic, but I'm pretty sure he didn't mean that he was incapable of disliking it. When a lot of idiots spam hatred about something, it can lead intelligent people to like it.

And referring to the original post you quoted, I liked the ME3 ending partly because I had heard so much negative press about it that my expectations were low enough for me to be pleasantly surprised.
#82Roo82Posted 2/7/2013 10:51:11 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#83Thanatos2kPosted 2/7/2013 10:52:45 AM
This is basically off topic, but I'm pretty sure he didn't mean that he was incapable of disliking it. When a lot of idiots spam hatred about something, it can lead intelligent people to like it.

When everyone dislikes something, that includes the intelligent people.

Additionally, it's not just intelligent people who recognize FF13 for the piece of garbage that it is.

And referring to the original post you quoted, I liked the ME3 ending partly because I had heard so much negative press about it that my expectations were low enough for me to be pleasantly surprised.

Anyone who likes the ME3 ending must not have liked the entire series up until that point, which makes one wonder why they were playing it.
---
-Thanatos2k-
#84LeanaunfurledPosted 2/7/2013 10:54:32 AM
I think Thanatos thinks his views on specific games are objective and everyone else that feels differently is unintelligent.

Might me a MarthMoopa alt, actually. Or a devoted fan of his.
---
Not removing this sig until Bravely Default:Flying Fairy is localized.
http://i.imgur.com/atFfl36.png
#85Thanatos2kPosted 2/7/2013 10:55:03 AM
I think Thanatos thinks his views on specific games are objective and everyone else that feels differently is unintelligent.

My views aren't objective, but I can explain why you're wrong if you'd like.
---
-Thanatos2k-
#86DDR MidianPosted 2/7/2013 10:56:09 AM
Bronze_Stuff posted...
DDR Midian posted...
LLelouch posted...
Aceviper posted...
Thanatos2k posted...
"Story sucked in 13? People complained it was confusing the way we told it, and aimless? Well this time we'll make a story that is completely nonsensical! That'll show those idiots who buy our games."

and thats why S-E is so successful

It knows just how to cater to their fans

I wouldn't call it catering, but rather people are just mindless drones getting their next FF fix. It's like a drug to them.

Unless you believe fans wanted a sequel of FF13... dear god.

I respect people who admit they enjoy something far more than those who kick and scream when they don't. Anti-XIII are the biggest kickers and screamers RPGs have had in years, matched only by the ME3 ending crowd. For that reason, I like FFXIII.

You enjoying FFXIII is fine. Having flimsy reasoning like that is pretty pitiful honestly.

It's not my only reason, but possibly the reason I enjoy talking about most.
---
GFAQs - Where anything is grounds for moderation, courtesy of selective wordplay.
XBL: DDR Midian / PSN: MidianGTX
#87LeanaunfurledPosted 2/7/2013 10:57:19 AM
Oh, so you're just simply condescending to those you like things you personally consider 'garbage.'
---
#88Thanatos2kPosted 2/7/2013 10:58:37 AM
Oh, so you're just simply condescending to those you like things you personally consider 'garbage.'

Would you consider someone who eats garbage and says they like it to have good taste?
---
-Thanatos2k-
#89LeanaunfurledPosted 2/7/2013 11:01:10 AM
Comparing video game playing to poor people who are reduced to dumpster diving.

Thank you for proving my point.
---
#90DDR MidianPosted 2/7/2013 11:09:09 AM
Leanaunfurled posted...
Comparing video game playing to poor people who are reduced to dumpster diving.

Thank you for proving my point.

His entire argument hinges on one single fallacy, I wouldn't worry about it.
---
GFAQs - Where anything is grounds for moderation, courtesy of selective wordplay.
XBL: DDR Midian / PSN: MidianGTX