Are you watching this Square Enix?

#91Thanatos2kPosted 2/7/2013 12:20:32 PM
Comparing video game playing to poor people who are reduced to dumpster diving.

It's an analogy. Food, video games, music, movies, all subjective, but all things with which that people can have good or bad taste.

Some stuff is accepted by the majority to be bad for a variety of reasons, usually the shared standards of quality. You can like it yourself and no one can tell you you're "wrong" in doing so, but don't expect to be perceived as having good taste and don't expect the object of your affection to be treated as better than what it is.

That's how the world works.
---
-Thanatos2k-
#92stephanieisitPosted 2/7/2013 12:25:11 PM
Thanatos2k posted...
Comparing video game playing to poor people who are reduced to dumpster diving.

It's an analogy. Food, video games, music, movies, all subjective, but all things with which that people can have good or bad taste.

Some stuff is accepted by the majority to be bad for a variety of reasons, usually the shared standards of quality. You can like it yourself and no one can tell you you're "wrong" in doing so, but don't expect to be perceived as having good taste and don't expect the object of your affection to be treated as better than what it is.

That's how the world works.

Now I'm just laughing at the idea that majority vote equals good taste.
#93LeanaunfurledPosted 2/7/2013 12:41:01 PM

Best books ever are Twilight and 50 Shades of Grey, then. :P
---
Not removing this sig until Bravely Default:Flying Fairy is localized.
http://i.imgur.com/atFfl36.png
#94AuronSamuraiPosted 2/7/2013 12:47:51 PM
And Justin Bieber being best singer.
#95TCrinaleTPosted 2/7/2013 12:51:04 PM
Somajan posted...
when Sakaguchi was still a part of the team.

I approve of this. If I'm not mistaken Sakaguchi was still there with FFXII, easily the FF i enjoyed most.
#96Thanatos2kPosted 2/7/2013 1:53:08 PM(edited)

Majority subset of experienced RPG players in this case - also known as "people who know what they're talking about" - not all gamers.
---
-Thanatos2k-
#97xdividebyzeroxPosted 2/7/2013 2:00:48 PM
TCrinaleT posted...
Somajan posted...
when Sakaguchi was still a part of the team.

I approve of this. If I'm not mistaken Sakaguchi was still there with FFXII, easily the FF i enjoyed most.

No, he actually left during FFXII's development along with Matsuno. He actually refused to play FFXII past it's introduction because Matsuno had left the project.
---
Currently playing: Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch
#98PW360Posted 2/7/2013 2:01:55 PM
uekijustice posted...
I wonder how much SE had to pay famitsu to give XIII a 39...

Less than what they had to give to get them to give FFXIII-2 a 40. If I'm not mistaken, both Ni No Kuni and Xenoblade got 36's from Famitsu...
---
"High sales: "sales =/= quality"
Low sales: "game flops"" ~terry92126
#99Thanatos2kPosted 2/7/2013 2:05:14 PM
Less than what they had to give to get them to give FFXIII-2 a 40

Famistu is shamefully pay-to-play though. The real surprise is that anyone takes ratings by it seriously anymore.
---
-Thanatos2k-
#100PW360Posted 2/7/2013 2:17:49 PM
Thanatos2k posted...
Less than what they had to give to get them to give FFXIII-2 a 40

Famistu is shamefully pay-to-play though. The real surprise is that anyone takes ratings by it seriously anymore.

A shame. There was a time where Famitsu was actually credible for their harsh reviews and strict rating system. They rarely gave out perfect scores or even near perfect scores to anything.

Now, so long as you pony up the cash, they'll give games a (near) perfect score out like Halloween candy. But I guess all reviews have become like that.
---
"High sales: "sales =/= quality"
Low sales: "game flops"" ~terry92126