Holy crap @ base stat differences between single/double star gold Shonky-Honker

#11EgHeadFool(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2013 10:55:38 AM
Minwe posted...
Wow, I just found a single signed one with;

8/17/31/15/19/15

Would that one cap out higher then a single sign with 16 m.atk or would they even out in the end?

I'll find out when I max them both.
#12Seiko_NurashimaPosted 2/7/2013 12:33:41 PM
SkrallRampager posted...
Too bad I hate the ugly Shonky....

A stupid trumpet/horn creature?

I think it hate it the most out of every familiar in the game......

reminds me of that one monster from KH that heals and calls more monsters (:
#13FlyojumperPosted 2/7/2013 12:41:08 PM
The growth is most definitely not ratio based, I can guarantee you that. As a matter of fact, according to the tests I've done on dual signed growth and single sign with high base stats (single sign can also have very high base stats), they don't even retain that initial static advantage for long. I haven't maxed them yet, but I've seen the head start they had slowly melt into nothingness compared to the ones which started with normal stats.
---
After extensive lab research, it appears that sterility is indeed hereditary...
#14EgHeadFool(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2013 2:06:29 PM
Flyojumper posted...
The growth is most definitely not ratio based, I can guarantee you that. As a matter of fact, according to the tests I've done on dual signed growth and single sign with high base stats (single sign can also have very high base stats), they don't even retain that initial static advantage for long. I haven't maxed them yet, but I've seen the head start they had slowly melt into nothingness compared to the ones which started with normal stats.

Well I have simultaneously leveled a regular and gold Toko and the stats advantage has only grown, though it's a lot smaller than this. So I'm not convinced either way.
#15DuthosPosted 2/7/2013 2:29:58 PM
An Incy I caught had 22 mag atk, instead of the 6 the rest of them had. I levelled it up beside a standard one, and within 10 levels not only had the massive (nearly 400%) advantage the one had vanished, it actually reversed giving the other incy higher mag atk when they capped before metamorrphing. Now that both are about halfway through their second form I could not tell which had the 'uber' stats at creation besides their names. The one with 22 mag atk also had higher stats in other areas, but the only stat where it actualy shows a significant advantage is atk, which had been equal at lvl 1.
---
My superiority complex is better than yours.
#16FlyojumperPosted 2/7/2013 2:48:28 PM
EgHeadFool posted...
Flyojumper posted...

Well I have simultaneously leveled a regular and gold Toko and the stats advantage has only grown, though it's a lot smaller than this. So I'm not convinced either way.

Gold familiars may just be considered by the game as a different type for growth purposes, so I wasn't referring to that, I'm just talking about the stat variation amongst identical familiars. I was mostly debunking the ratio based growth in that post (ie a 22 atk monkey will not end up with twice the attack of an 11 atk monkey) but yes, from what I've seen so far, even the static stat advantage seems to "melt away".
---
After extensive lab research, it appears that sterility is indeed hereditary...
#17DUH_D_DUMBPosted 2/7/2013 4:22:53 PM
Is there a gold version of every familiar or just specific ones?
---
PSN: demedcj
Game Center: duh_d_dum
#18Silfurbor_NeglaPosted 2/7/2013 5:40:09 PM
Bit curious about the highest magic stat, did honky tonker still got the highest magic attack if using the best equipment?
He wield spear, and the best spear got only like +32 m.atk iirc, would other familiar with the +90 m.atk sword/knife beat it?
---
Where is heaven? Above the sky, and below your feet.
#19kkeevvPosted 2/7/2013 5:49:43 PM
EgHeadFool posted...
Flyojumper posted...

Which toko ended up the best?
---
Check out my quote.
#20EgHeadFool(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2013 10:19:33 PM
Flyojumper posted...
Gold familiars may just be considered by the game as a different type for growth purposes, so I wasn't referring to that, I'm just talking about the stat variation amongst identical familiars. I was mostly debunking the ratio based growth in that post (ie a 22 atk monkey will not end up with twice the attack of an 11 atk monkey) but yes, from what I've seen so far, even the static stat advantage seems to "melt away".

The reason I think they are comparable is that my "normal" gold one has the same base stats as a non-gold one. We'll see what happens!

kkeevv posted...
Which toko ended up the best?

The gold one is better by 10-20 magical defense and magical attack, 5 or so evasion, and 1 point in physical offense/defense. Or something like that.