When in the story exactly does... (spoilers)

#11yungbluePosted 2/7/2013 12:01:24 PM
actually hes pretty decent at high levels, his magic is almost as high as ollies and his physical attack power is pretty high, not that it matters though since you use familiars mostly. and he can equip all of ollies weapons including mornstar and when you fuse ollies ultimate weapon you can just make him one too.
---
I don't have a signature cuz i didn't feel like making one.
#12xdividebyzeroxPosted 2/7/2013 12:24:07 PM
yungblue posted...
actually hes pretty decent at high levels, his magic is almost as high as ollies and his physical attack power is pretty high, not that it matters though since you use familiars mostly. and he can equip all of ollies weapons including mornstar and when you fuse ollies ultimate weapon you can just make him one too.

But therein lies the problem. Yeah, he's good, but he's not better than Ollie. You can't switch Oliver out of battle and you need Esther for serenading and Swaine for stealing rare items. So, in the end, he brings nothing new to the table.

I would have been fine if he stayed out of the party but still in the cutscenes like Pea.
---
Currently playing: Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch
#13TCrinaleT(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2013 12:38:13 PM
Well I wanted to have Marcassin because I was lucky to catch a Toko and I'm leveling it up. And since Toko is a Nymphae I thought I could swap Esther for Marcassin... after all, my Esther isn't really doing anything she has that tree tank that has like 500 def lol I use him as healer I make him spam healing rains while my catastroceros and bone baron destroy the hell out of everything :3. I thought I could replace the tree which is ugly and slow for an adorable Toko and use him as an spectator while supporting, healing and casting the occasional offensive spell for the lolz :3.
#14andrewlktPosted 2/7/2013 12:54:09 PM
xdividebyzerox posted...
yungblue posted...

But therein lies the problem. Yeah, he's good, but he's not better than Ollie. You can't switch Oliver out of battle and you need Esther for serenading and Swaine for stealing rare items. So, in the end, he brings nothing new to the table.

I would have been fine if he stayed out of the party but still in the cutscenes like Pea.

With him, you can have a 4th dino out at the same time. :)
#15TCrinaleT(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2013 12:56:19 PM
andrewlkt posted...
xdividebyzerox posted...
yungblue posted...

Lol what? Isn't your party supposed to consist of 3 members? I thought as soon as you got Marcassin you could swap him for another party member but... can you actually fight with all 4 at the same time?
#16LeanaunfurledPosted 2/7/2013 12:57:04 PM

No you can't..
---
Not removing this sig until Bravely Default:Flying Fairy is localized.
http://i.imgur.com/atFfl36.png