Ni No Kuni.. More like Filler: The Game.

#21jliddellPosted 2/8/2013 12:08:22 AM
On sidequests,

Most of the traditional (older) RPG's (Think Chrono Trigger, FF3/4, etc) had sidequests just as Ni No Kuni does. The only difference was that there was no magical board to show you where to go and how to do them all.
#22PffrbtPosted 2/8/2013 12:10:21 AM
jliddell posted...
On sidequests,

Most of the traditional (older) RPG's (Think Chrono Trigger, FF3/4, etc) had sidequests just as Ni No Kuni does. The only difference was that there was no magical board to show you where to go and how to do them all.

It's pretty obvious this topic has nothing to do with sidequests.
#23AshenshugurPosted 2/8/2013 12:31:27 AM
I thought that for the most part this game handled invisible plot walls well. Of course this is after leveling a few pirates to lvl 50 on pirates101. Sheesh talk about mandatory side quests to get anywhere. Although, I guess it is somewhat forgivable in that game since it is a mmo of sorts.

Actually I thought that NNK's quest's slightly resembled The Legend of Zelda's quests. Where instead of using a new item to progress you use various spells which I liked and hope to see this type of mechanic further in level 5's games.
#24xXVitKXxPosted 2/8/2013 12:34:16 AM
whine whine whine whine whine.... whine... that's all I'm hearing.
---
"There are a thousand hacking at the branches of evil to one who is striking at the root"
#25DDR MidianPosted 2/8/2013 1:24:57 AM
Fixing hearts is simplicity to the point of insult. Not only are you told very specifically what to do, the piece of heart you need is almost always in the exact same area, glowing brightly on the minimap. There's absolutely no thinking required, no exploration, no strategy and only the thinnest amount of story behind each encounter. It's everything an RPG shouldn't be.

The rest of the game is fine.
---
GFAQs - Where anything is grounds for moderation, courtesy of selective wordplay.
XBL: DDR Midian / PSN: MidianGTX
#26Nightmare637Posted 2/8/2013 1:35:52 AM
DDR Midian posted...
Fixing hearts is simplicity to the point of insult. Not only are you told very specifically what to do, the piece of heart you need is almost always in the exact same area, glowing brightly on the minimap. There's absolutely no thinking required, no exploration, no strategy and only the thinnest amount of story behind each encounter. It's everything an RPG shouldn't be.

theres somewhat of a story to it, mostly that one couple.
---
PSN:Nightmare637
Don't bother arguing with Sophi he'll never admit hes wrong even when he is :D.
#27PffrbtPosted 2/8/2013 1:57:14 AM
DDR Midian posted...

not really
#28MidgardDragon99Posted 2/8/2013 2:23:32 AM
Is there a word that describes people who try to ruin others' enjoyment by coming to forums to whine about things?
---
3DS FC: 4639-9048-2382, Wii FC: 4558-6862-5396-5206, PSN: MidgardDragon
DD Pawn: http://game.capcom.co.jp/DD/en/pawn_detail/?pf=PS3&gid=MidgardDragon
#29skp_16Posted 2/8/2013 2:45:46 AM
I actually like those parts! I hate straight forward games.
#30TiaelPosted 2/8/2013 3:27:13 AM
MidgardDragon99 posted...
Is there a word that describes people who try to ruin others' enjoyment by coming to forums to whine about things?

Nothing better to do with their time?
That's several worlds, but hey.
---
Playing: Ni no Kuni - Captain Whamtastic http://i.imgur.com/IVH6BX0.jpg
Dragon Quest>Ys>SMT>Tales>Final Fantasy, but I enjoy all five. Da Bears!