game does not deserve higher than an 8.

#11adibicci(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2013 8:04:19 PM
Pffrbt posted...

Plus Fallout 4 would be horrendously glitchy like all of Bethesda's games so people would probably chalk it up to that and ignore it.

thanks for the laugh
#12adibicci(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2013 8:06:22 PM
Taichi556 posted...
Um, the game only let you select your target when you don't currently have a target.. Eg. if you started to attack something you must manually change to a new target or kill the current one before the game will automatically force you to select a new target. There's no random factor behind this, you just never took the time to understand what was going on.

oh really now? you think i put 60+ hours into the game without realizing how to switch targets using R1? i suggest you try my example using monolith. get back to me then.
#13LeanaunfurledPosted 2/7/2013 8:06:48 PM
Um, the game only let you select your target when you don't currently have a target.

R1.
---
Not removing this sig until Bravely Default:Flying Fairy is localized.
http://i.imgur.com/atFfl36.png
#14zeik56Posted 2/7/2013 8:08:12 PM(edited)
zeik56 posted...
I never said anything about your opinion.

what do you think me stating the opinion "the game does not deserve higher than an 8" is? its my opinion. yet you suggest that i may not do so.

an 8 is a good score, at least by my opinion. however a 9+ is not given to a game that does not attack your selected target,and has all the other things that i mentioned. again in my opinion. now if my list was shorter i could perhaps concede a higher score. (in my opinion)

you have anything to add to my list or wish to discredit anything? or do you just like to argue about others having a differing opinion?

I was speaking of your opinion on the game's mechanics. As far as suggesting that everyone should judge game's based on your criteria, no, you don't have the right to do that.

Like I said, not all game's are judged by the same merits by everyone who plays them. People who enjoy a game like this don't necessarily enjoy it for the same reason as a Tales or a Fallout or Dark Souls. Combat may not be perfect in this game, but many people don't play a JRPG like this specifically for the combat. This game does not have my favorite combat ever, but it was good enough to not detract from everything else the same game did so well, flawed or not.
---
~Mirror, mirror, on my floor, am I the prettiest at the store?
#15Taichi556Posted 2/7/2013 8:08:21 PM
adibicci posted...
Taichi556 posted...
Um, the game only let you select your target when you don't currently have a target.. Eg. if you started to attack something you must manually change to a new target or kill the current one before the game will automatically force you to select a new target. There's no random factor behind this, you just never took the time to understand what was going on.

oh really now? you think i put 60+ hours into the game without realizing how to switch targets using R1? i suggest you try my example using monolith. get back to me then.

Yuuup, been using Monolith as one of my mains for a while now. What I said has never failed to hold true.
---
"Synchro Chip, Slot-in, Cross Fusion!"
Wargreymon: Level 126
#16Taichi556Posted 2/7/2013 8:09:06 PM
Leanaunfurled posted...
Um, the game only let you select your target when you don't currently have a target.

R1.

Read the rest of the post instead of just the first sentence. Kthx.
---
"Synchro Chip, Slot-in, Cross Fusion!"
Wargreymon: Level 126
#17adibicci(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2013 8:10:18 PM
PFirefly posted...

The topic title is presented as a statement, not opinion. The "proofs" laid out in your OP are presented as evidence to back up your statement. There was never any mention of this being an opinion piece till your second post.

Why not label the piece "your review." Or start off the post with why you feel this game doesn't deserve more than an 8? Then it would be obvious to the casual observer that this is intended as an opinion piece.

an opinion is a statement. a statement of opinion. now nowhere did i infer that what i say is fact. although i list some facts to back up my opinion and how i formed it. in fact 99% of things you read everyday are opinion. now a statement like "the sun will rise" would be fact. lets not assume everything as fact. everything is opinion unless undeniable to all.
#18adibicci(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2013 8:18:14 PM
zeik56 posted...
zeik56 posted...
I never said anything about your opinion.

what do you think me stating the opinion "the game does not deserve higher than an 8" is? its my opinion. yet you suggest that i may not do so.

an 8 is a good score, at least by my opinion. however a 9+ is not given to a game that does not attack your selected target,and has all the other things that i mentioned. again in my opinion. now if my list was shorter i could perhaps concede a higher score. (in my opinion)

you have anything to add to my list or wish to discredit anything? or do you just like to argue about others having a differing opinion?

I was speaking of your opinion on the game's mechanics. As far as suggesting that everyone should judge game's based on your criteria, no, you don't have the right to do that.

Like I said, not all game's are judged by the same merits by everyone who plays them. People who enjoy a game like this don't necessarily enjoy it for the same reason as a Tales or a Fallout or Dark Souls. Combat may not be perfect in this game, but many people don't play a JRPG like this specifically for the combat. This game does not have my favorite combat ever, but it was good enough to not detract from everything else the same game did so well, flawed or not.

notice i mention opinion three times there? what must one do to point out that they speak of opinion? did i preface my post with "these are facts about how everyone should blah blah blah?" no . i made a statement. every statement anyone makes is their own individual opinion. unless they state something that is fact, such as the sky being blue.

anything to add on my original post or are we going to debate the nature of opinion vs fact?
#19PFireflyPosted 2/7/2013 8:22:29 PM
adibicci posted...

an opinion is a statement. a statement of opinion. now nowhere did i infer that what i say is fact. although i list some facts to back up my opinion and how i formed it. in fact 99% of things you read everyday are opinion. now a statement like "the sun will rise" would be fact. lets not assume everything as fact. everything is opinion unless undeniable to all.

An opinion can be a statement, but not all statements are opinions. You could well be the kind of person who equates opinions (which are neither right or wrong) with facts (which are absolute). Since I don't know you, I looked for contextual evidence or admission of purpose. Signs of an opinion piece were not forthcoming, and I never assume anything. I take things at face value.
---
Alice returns in 2011, I'll be ready... http://www.ea.com/alice
Inception ending spoiler: http://twitpic.com/26k9ub
#20zeik56Posted 2/7/2013 8:22:49 PM(edited)
Whatever, I don't care, it's your opinion. That was really not the important part of my post.
---
~Mirror, mirror, on my floor, am I the prettiest at the store?